RV.Net Open Roads Forum: GM Spokesperson admits energy to charge cars comes from coal

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GM Spokesperson admits energy to charge cars comes from coal

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 01:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

If a highway has coils installed there would be no reason to stop to refuel an electric vehicle at all.

LOL, let's dig up all roads and install coils. A tall order seeing that it's almost impossible to keep up with maintaining the road surface itself, let alone burying coils along with the infrastructure needed to feed them.

Would it not be easier to mill in slots, or how about installing overhead catenary and equip EVs with trolley poles?

Where is Nicola Tesla when we need him and his wireless electricity?

Just caught the end of a commercial for some new brand EV, forget the name, reservations being taken at the low low price of $69K and change.

When the cost of a KWH of power triples you EV proponent knuckleheads on here will be the first ones bellyaching.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 02:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

Meanwhile China is building a coal plant every week. As if that pollution doesn't count.
And we are pledging to cut ours in half.... Which we really do not pollute that much any more. In any endevour the first 90% is pretty easy and afordable... Getting that last 10% is extemely hard and costly. It would be much more effective to get China to match what we have already done. But that is not the way it is gonna go.

Uh no. Per capita Canada and the US are still some of the worst pigs on the planet. The Chinese would have to get a lot worse before “catching up” to us. They pollute more because the have almost 4 times the population. Saudi Arabia, Kazakhstan and Australia are still the top of the heap followed by the US and Canada. China is pretty far down the list.

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-countrys-share-co2-emissions
"Do you beileve me or your lying eys?"

I grew up in the days whre the sky wasn't blue, and the rivers were not safe. Seeing smoke come out of a cars exhaust was normal.
It isn't like that here anymore.

Not so for China. They were wearing masks long before Covid hit.

One can find many so called studies supporting any point of view one wants..... I believe my eyes.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
Full Body Paint, 3, 8K axles, Disc Brakes
17.5 LRH commercial tires
1380 watts solar,
2020 Silverado High Country CC DA 4X4 Big Dually.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 04:17am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We’ve made strides in reducing the visible air pollution; the results can be seen by all. How can ones eyes see emitted gasses which are invisible; can changes in the emissions of these pollutants been seen by all? If we can’t see the changes we’ll have to trust the data produced by instruments designed to measure what we can see, like the gauges that measure how much is in our fuel tanks.

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/21 05:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Uh no. Per capita Canada and the US are still some of the worst pigs on the planet.

Funny how "pigs" are the ones producing most of the goods and wealth on the planet, while the clean sit back and enjoy. Yes, manufacturing will disrupt your clean planet, just visit one of your lithium mines.

LanceRKeys

Amarillo, TX

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 05:49am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think that in my lifetime (40 years or so) that EVs will be able to do what gas or diesel does today. I also think that many of the environmental challenges of EVs will be addressed in my lifetime as well.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/21 05:59am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes ICE power comes from refining oil. But then so do tires, plastics, lubricants, medicines, rayon/Dacron and just about all clothing/cloth not made from cotton or wool. Those who want to eliminate oil know not what they will give up. We may not need fossil fuels but we will still need oil and by products. I wonder if they can refine oil to get the valued products without also making gas or diesel and if not, what do they do with it?

As far as coal, can’t make good quality steel without it.

EV’s are the near future for personal transportation. The jury is still out for ocean going vessels, trains in remote areas, big earth movers, and long haul trucks in actual use.

Lantley wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

TurnThePage wrote:

Sorry. I don't get it. According to your apparently all encompassing title, we in the northwest will never own electric cars because we don't have coal power.

Electric IS the future. Quit trying to poopoo it.

Well electricity isn’t provided by ferry dust!

That's the beauty of EV. Electricity can be generated in multiple ways.
However gasoline comes from only one source.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 06:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Petrochemical products don’t require most of the oil be burned in order for them to be produced. Petrochemical production does not require most of the oil be used to make fuels in order to make the petrochemicals.

Btw, most plastics come from natural gas feed stocks not oil.

* This post was last edited 04/26/21 06:47am by BCSnob *   View edit history

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 06:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Uh no. Per capita Canada and the US are still some of the worst pigs on the planet.

Funny how "pigs" are the ones producing most of the goods and wealth on the planet, while the clean sit back and enjoy. Yes, manufacturing will disrupt your clean planet, just visit one of your lithium mines.

China surpassed USA in 2010 as the world's largest economy. Canada has been an "also ran" since the 1970ties. Some vehicle companies don't even bother to release their product in (the formerly mighty) North American market. Others have abandoned sales in North America.

Reisender has it dead to rights. North America's enjoy great life styles but we pollute far more per person than our fair share.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/26/21 06:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gosh What a bunch of maroons you are.
Stupid stupid stupid.
Of course if a car is operated in an are served by coal generation , well naturally it will be coal fired, same for a car in a Hydro region a natural gas region or nuclear solar or wind.
What an idiotic piece of propaganda.
What I don't understand is if you don't like EV's don't buy one. Why are you "against" or "don't believe" that they are a good choice.
How about just shut the hell up, and don't worry about it. It is no skin off your ass!

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 04/26/21 07:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Any person claiming most of the goods are produced in North America must give me a definition of "goods". I know I have a hard time buying what I need unless I buy foreign made.
And to state wealth is produced without producing goods or services only makes sense in a world where money can breed.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GM Spokesperson admits energy to charge cars comes from coal
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.