|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2022 Superduty launch delayed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/21 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Do you have a crystal ball, that says different ??? Just relaying what he was told .

6/24 is launch of 2022. They have to have x amount of days of no quality issues to reach ok to sell. IRC, it's one week of no issues. There are tens of thousands of 2021 trucks sitting missing something. 2021 Customers are being told they are being moved to 2022 model year. ALL of those trucks will get cleared out before 2022 will get delivered. Ford and GM have both issued press releases expecting revenue being down roughly a billion dollars.

Figure 2 week minimum transport time, and we're suddenly deep into fall delivery.

Not a crystal ball, but a long term understanding of how automotive works.

He hasn't heard otherwise, but he's not in a great rush, so I suppose if its in the fall it won't be that bad.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/21 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

more bad news, scheduling which was supposed to start this week, is being delayed. No new update on start of production.

SLE

ND

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/21 07:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

curt12914 wrote:

SLE wrote:

curt12914 wrote:

The general manger at my dealer told me that many vehicles ordered as 2021 model year will end up being built as 2022's. He said they have many vehicles ordered that have been delayed, some that are showing as built, but not shipped........

Your dealer is incorrect. Those vehicles that are currently on order and have had VIN's issued will be 21' model year vehicles based on the VIN number. I know this as I'm sitting in this situation as I type this. Ordered 12/02/20, just got the VIN a little more than a month ago, truck not even scheduled to be built yet. If I see it before August, I'll be surprised. Sadly, it'll be a year old and the 22's will be out by the time I get it; and with the shortage of vehicles, I highly doubt I'll see one dime of discount.

I ordered mine in February and got it in April. You ordered your truck on 12/02/20 and yours is not built yet? Maybe you shouldn't put much stock in what your dealer says.

Your truck may be built and stored until the chip comes in.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/40458/thou........t-kentucky-speedway-due-to-chip-shortage

It's waiting for a chip alright, and everything else....... It has NOT been built. I can see that via my order number and VIN through the Ford Tracking site. I have also verified with a third party ford dealer and my dealer has actually sent me the screen shots of there order block and tracking info. The Order was placed with Ford on 12/02 and it has not moved to production as of today (05/11/21). The Dealer website does differ from the consumer site and atleast provides a estimated production however that hasn't meant much as I've seen that changed by more than a month 2 separate times already. As of last month, it had an estimated production for the week May 17th. I haven't checked with my dealer in a few weeks but fully expect that isn't happening.

curt12914

Bombay NY (5 miles from Quebec, 15 from Ontario)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/21 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SLE wrote:

curt12914 wrote:

SLE wrote:

curt12914 wrote:

The general manger at my dealer told me that many vehicles ordered as 2021 model year will end up being built as 2022's. He said they have many vehicles ordered that have been delayed, some that are showing as built, but not shipped........

Your dealer is incorrect. Those vehicles that are currently on order and have had VIN's issued will be 21' model year vehicles based on the VIN number. I know this as I'm sitting in this situation as I type this. Ordered 12/02/20, just got the VIN a little more than a month ago, truck not even scheduled to be built yet. If I see it before August, I'll be surprised. Sadly, it'll be a year old and the 22's will be out by the time I get it; and with the shortage of vehicles, I highly doubt I'll see one dime of discount.

I ordered mine in February and got it in April. You ordered your truck on 12/02/20 and yours is not built yet? Maybe you shouldn't put much stock in what your dealer says.

Your truck may be built and stored until the chip comes in.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/40458/thou........t-kentucky-speedway-due-to-chip-shortage

It's waiting for a chip alright, and everything else....... It has NOT been built. I can see that via my order number and VIN through the Ford Tracking site. I have also verified with a third party ford dealer and my dealer has actually sent me the screen shots of there order block and tracking info. The Order was placed with Ford on 12/02 and it has not moved to production as of today (05/11/21). The Dealer website does differ from the consumer site and atleast provides a estimated production however that hasn't meant much as I've seen that changed by more than a month 2 separate times already. As of last month, it had an estimated production for the week May 17th. I haven't checked with my dealer in a few weeks but fully expect that isn't happening.

I just looked up the email from the General Manager at the Ford dealer from when I ordered my truck. I was wrong when I told you that I ordered in mid-February. I ordered my truck on Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11 AM.I picked it up on Tuesday, March 20. As I said, it was actually at the Ford dealer sometime the week before, but I was out of town.

I guess my question is why my truck took a little less than two months and you ordered in early December and you still haven't received your truck?

2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/21 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

curt12914 wrote:

...I just looked up the email from the General Manager at the Ford dealer from when I ordered my truck. I was wrong when I told you that I ordered in mid-February. I ordered my truck on Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11 AM.I picked it up on Tuesday, March 20. As I said, it was actually at the Ford dealer sometime the week before, but I was out of town.

I guess my question is why my truck took a little less than two months and you ordered in early December and you still haven't received your truck?

I am guessing that Ford has a vehicle allocation process that allocates orders to dealers. Even if the dealer has a sold order, it will not be accepted into the system.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

mosseater

Dillsburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/21 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dadoffourgirls wrote:

curt12914 wrote:

...I just looked up the email from the General Manager at the Ford dealer from when I ordered my truck. I was wrong when I told you that I ordered in mid-February. I ordered my truck on Friday, January 29, 2021 at 11 AM.I picked it up on Tuesday, March 20. As I said, it was actually at the Ford dealer sometime the week before, but I was out of town.

I am guessing that Ford has a vehicle allocation process that allocates orders to dealers. Even if the dealer has a sold order, it will not be accepted into the system.

That's what I was told about my 2022 order. Dealer has several allocations for their own spec, so he put my order in as one of theirs spec'd the way I want it. It got me a place in line because they could put the order in to save my spot sooner but allowed me to finetune options for a while before the order was actually placed. Now thinking I won't see the truck until late fall, maybe even next year the way things are going.

"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH

curt12914

Bombay NY (5 miles from Quebec, 15 from Ontario)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/21 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This whole microchip doesn't seem to be getting any better, according to this article.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/07/chip-sho........-have-major-real-world-consequences.html

"If you listen to Ford, BMW, Volkswagen, they all highlighted that there’s bottlenecks in capacity and they can’t get the chips they need to manufacture the new cars,” he said, adding that he thinks it will go on for 18 months.

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/21 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mosseater wrote:

Even if I could place an order for a cap it would be around $3K! What a mess.

$3K truck caps, $22.00 2x4's, $80.00 plywood, $3.00÷ gal gas, welcome to uncle Joe's America.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/30/21 07:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

mosseater wrote:

Even if I could place an order for a cap it would be around $3K! What a mess.

$3K truck caps, $22.00 2x4's, $80.00 plywood, $3.00÷ gal gas, welcome to uncle Joe's America.

Yup, just replaced the plywood on a small utility trailer took 3 sheets @ $77 ea. Nearly as much as the trailer is worth [emoticon]

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/21 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last weekend 2 rough redwood 2x4s 43.00 wowser.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> 2022 Superduty launch delayed
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.