|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Forced out of your reservation

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Hammerboy

Zeeland, MI

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 09:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is a interesting video from a Youtuber I'm sure many of us have followed before. I know I was getting angrier as the video went on. I have to give him credit for handling it better than I would have.

Dan

Video

2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/21 12:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the park owner did the best he could to satisfy everyone. We don't know if the RV group was already on site, making canceling whoever got the site difficult.

We've only had a reservation canceled once where we didn't find out until we arrived. It was a state park, and they did offer us a spot in their "volunteer village" next to the maintenance shop since there were no other sites available. It was disappointing, but in our case understandable since the fire department and police were still on scene at "our" site where a domestic dispute resulted in the trailer being set on fire. We accepted the temporary site, and three days later were allowed to move to our reserved site after it had been cleaned up. We were pleasantly surprised to notice a few days later that our entire two week stay had been refunded to our credit card.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 12:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kudos to him for maintaining composure... maybe he calmed down by the time he produced the video compared to when he was actually talking with the campground. But his overall demeanor tells me that there are larger things in life for which to be upset and this was not one of them.

...perhaps a lessened to be learned from the video posters and we can all take away something from it to be kinder and nicer to folks, Lord know we all could use a smile instead of a yell and frown.

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dutch_12078 wrote:

I think the park owner did the best he could to satisfy everyone. We don't know if the RV group was already on site, making canceling whoever got the site difficult.

Well, they tried to satisfy everyone except for the guy that made (and paid for!) a confirmed reservation a few weeks ago.

I'd be more understanding if they moved him to a new spot, and maybe gave him a discount for the inconvenience, but they outright canceled his already paid reservation without so much as a courtesy call.

I wish he'd have given the RV park's name in his video, and I hope he gave then an honest review online so people know that a confirmed reservation at this park means nothing.

I understand that sometimes the unexpected happens, but this was intentional. Once I arrived at a campground to be told that my site wasn't available because the person staying in my spot wasn't there, he just disappeared and left his Motorhome there. They said they could have it towed, but asked if I'd mind staying in the parking lot for a night, which I did. Glad I did, turned out that the guy had a family emergency and drove his toad home, he sent his son to pick up the RV the next day. They comp'ed my 3 day stay for the inconvenience (over my objection, the parking lot was actually a nice place to set up)

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 01:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bad treatment either way you look at it. Also bad treatment having to watch that silly traffic video just to get the story.

schlep1967

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/21 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have new owners at one of our favorite parks here in PA. After you reserve your site for $67 a night they offer to "lock in your site" for another $10. Total BS.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
2009 Open Range 385RLS
Pull-Rite Super Glide

Mickeyfan0805

SE Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/21 02:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

schlep1967 wrote:

We have new owners at one of our favorite parks here in PA. After you reserve your site for $67 a night they offer to "lock in your site" for another $10. Total BS.

This seems to be the new thing. I've seen a lot of it this year. Many of our stops had that option as an upcharge to our reservation!

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/21 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds a bit fishy to me. Like the rv park got his freinds in there. I would definitely hold them accountable for what they did. Especially if i had taken off work on vacation, and now had it cancled for really no good reason. I can see if somthing happened, fire, tree fell, flood, but so someone else that wasnt booked allrady can go and camp, no way. I would be blasting that park everywhere I went. My time is as valuable as everyone elses. I think the park owner created the problem. Not anyones fault your large group can't get a site on short notice, plan ahead.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 02:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I stopped after a minute. I hate these types of videos of driving and talking.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/21 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

I stopped after a minute. I hate these types of videos of driving and talking.

I hate them too, I'm glad you gave that info. I won't bother watching the video.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Forced out of your reservation
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.