RV.Net Open Roads Forum: This should help with future GM EV tow vehicles.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> This should help with future GM EV tow vehicles.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/21 06:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Unfortunately doesn’t include Volkswagen’s Electrify America high speed “pumps”. But that could change by the time the EV Silverado hits the streets. Kudos to GM for addressing an important aspect of the EV transition. Most of the time people charge at home, but doing road trips with half a dozen different RFID cards and payment methods is a real PITA. Ask me how I know. [emoticon].

https://electrek.co/2021/04/28/gm-ultium........ublic-chargers-7-networks-app-us-canada/

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/21 07:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, I didn't realize those things charged so fast. You stand there and wait a few minutes, with your hand on the fill nozzle, for the battery to recharge, just like a regular gas station. Who-da thunk. [emoticon]

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/21 07:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Wow, I didn't realize those things charged so fast. You stand there and wait a few minutes, with your hand on the fill nozzle, for the battery to recharge, just like a regular gas station. Who-da thunk. [emoticon]

I know right. Lol. [emoticon]. I can’t believe they did that. Are they holding the hose so the electrons don’t leak out? They might want to review their PR department staff qualifications. Lol. [emoticon].

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/28/21 08:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems to be like most big companies: marketing and engineering rarely speak...to each other. [emoticon]

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 07:44am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Seems to be like most big companies: marketing and engineering rarely speak...to each other. [emoticon]

Well they do. But it is after engineering finds out what marketing told the customers. Then the discussions are best held behind closed doors. [emoticon]

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 08:00am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just reading in another article that GM did have some discussions on plug and charge like Porsche and Tesla use (and apparently VW ID4 in the future). They apparently decided against it for some reason. But imho what they are doing is better than the status quo and most people will be fine with pay and pump like the gas model. GM is also talking about expanding their deal with EVGO to install more GM chargers and rumours of plug and charge are in those discussions. Interesting to watch the development.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 10:26am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

I know right. Lol. [emoticon]. I can’t believe they did that. Are they holding the hose so the electrons don’t leak out? They might want to review their PR department staff qualifications. Lol. [emoticon].

Can someone steal electricity from EV's like like people would steal gas from cars years ago?

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 10:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Can someone steal electricity from EV's like like people would steal gas from cars years ago?

Not that I know of.

Not an expert.

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 10:41am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Reisender wrote:

No, but you will be able to power your home during a blackout.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 10:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, but how do you power your EV during a blackout? [emoticon]

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> This should help with future GM EV tow vehicles.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.