|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> MORRYDE 3000 TANDEM AXLE UPGRADE

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
1L243

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 04/29/21 11:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm thinking of upgrading my suspension on my tandem axle toy hauler with the Morryde 3000 and wet bolt shackle kit. From what I have found the parts should be just under $500. I can do the work myself but I try to find out how much a dealership would charge for the installation. Has anybody had this done?

I watched a installation video and thy guy said the Dealer set aside four days for the install!!! At most it looks like a one day or less job to me.

2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

guidry

Texas Cajun

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/21 02:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did it and it was a half day with good tools. Pretty easy and a good time to check and adjust wheel bearings and brakes and rotate tires. You’ll be surprised how quiet the suspension is when pulling into a campground too.

WNYBob

Tonawanda, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/21 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Be sure to check out the on line videos about removing the bolts, as one side is press fitted an can not turn.
I made a wood block with a shallow hole (large enough to clear the head of the bolt) and then used a large C-clamp to push the bolt out

Roger10378

Goodrich, MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/30/21 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have a sufficient number of jacks and jack stands or blocking it is a pretty basic job. The hardest part is getting the trailer off the ground and supported so that you can work safely. Also be sure that you install the wet bolts so the grease hole is horizontal otherwise you may have trouble getting grease into the bolts.

2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

1L243

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 05/05/21 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it necessary to lift and support both sides of the trailer or can you do once side at a time?

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/05/21 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1L243 wrote:

Is it necessary to lift and support both sides of the trailer or can you do once side at a time?

I did a similar job on my old trailer replacing all 4 leaf springs, shackles, equalizers, etc and did one side at a time.

That was working by myself btw. Much easier if you have an extra pair of hands.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

spoon059

Just north of D.C.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/21 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Related to this question, does the Morryde CRE3000 have the equivalent of bronze bushings already installed? I bought the Morryde wet bolt kit to install on my Jayco TT. I broke a spring on my last trip and decided to replace all 4 as preventive maintenance. I did wet bolts and bronze bushings cause it was only $85 more.

My springs had nylon bushings, which I swapped out. Looking at my CRE3000, it appears they have metal bushings already. There was no way to push in my bronze replacement bushings and the hole diameter was exactly the size of the bolt anyways.

Now, to answer your question OP.

I jacked up one side of the trailer at a time and used jack stands to hold up the frame. Take your tires off and support the axles with a jack (not a jack stand, you'll need to lower the axles to press in the new bronze bushing and then lift it back to the shackles). It took me about 2 hours per side (to include jacking the trailer) to take everything off and install the wet bolt kit. I also replaced the springs (I had one fail on a trip to Vermont last week) in that time. Its fairly easy to do if you have the right tools. Having an impact wrench helps.

I did one side by myself 2 days ago and did the other side today by myself. 4 days is crazy!

* This post was edited 08/13/21 05:44pm by spoon059 *

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMHO that's a half azz upgrade. Spend the $$$ and get the MORryde IS with disks and be done with it.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Vintage465

Prunedale CA.

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since the O.P. is requesting info on the suspension....and I see nowhere that he asked about brakes, I'll say it's a great upgrade to the suspension especially with the wet bolts, bullet proof shackles and bronze bushings. It's and easy job with good tools and safety equipment. While you have it apart you can check your brakes and pack your wheel bearing too. Good to know it's all tight back there as you head off to your next outing.

V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 10:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So because the OP didn’t mention something that means we can’t elaborate I guess.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> MORRYDE 3000 TANDEM AXLE UPGRADE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.