|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New Full Body Paint Job

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
scottandgaye

Allen, TX

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/21 07:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finally got tired of the old, faded, cracked decals on the fifth wheel. We took it to Mike's Custom Painting in Bremen, IN (just south of South Bend) and he stripped the entire thing then repainted it with a four color paint job and three coats of clear coat. We love the new look! Now we are working on the interior to improve it. We also had the roof replaced at the same time, since it was almost ten years old. We plan to keep it for another ten years or so, then decide what we want to go with in retirement. Here are some before and after photos.

Before:

[image]

After:

[image]
Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum recommended limit of 640px maximum width.

* This post was edited 05/06/21 07:51am by an administrator/moderator *

2020 Ford F-350 LWB DRW PSD Platinum
2012 Hitchhiker Champagne 36LKRSB

GMH

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/21 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, that looks fantastic. Our 10 year old Cougar looks horrible due to the peeling decals. We have never found another one that we like as much, but I don’t think I want to invest that much into ours.
Enjoy!

MFL

Midwest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/21 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very nice! Looks new, much more modern! That is a quality FW to start with, and with the updates you are doing, should be a capable retirement rig, even ten years from now.

The cost of upgrades, compared to trading for new, keeps many from reconditioning these well built RVs.

Everyone has a different idea, or plan for their future, but not knowing the amount spent, for a complete reconditioning project, it is hard to say which option is best.

Jerry

Campinfan

Washtenaw County, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/21 07:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your face must be hurting from smiling so much. It looks great. I like the new lights on top and the black painted stabilizers (or is it just the lighting)...makes for a nice touch and keeps it sharp looking. The painter should use photos of your rig for advertising.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/21 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Beautiful job!

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/21 07:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW ! ! ! That shows how much a paint job can totally change the entire look of a trailer !

Did you pick the design, or did they have many to choose from? I am just curious as my friend has a TT he wants to do that to at some point in the near future.

IF this is your first Full Body Paint, YOU WILL LOVE IT ! ! ! They are sooooooooo easy to care for !

Enjoy it,

FTG

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/21 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Absolutely beautiful, but the cost may deter me. We have a 2011 Bighorn, top quality so are keeping it. We just had the decals replaced with laminated decals. Probably more affordable and will look like new. The inside of ours is still stylish so we're good there.

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/21 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hole Smackaroonie !!!! That's absolutely beautiful!!!

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Likes to tow

Huntington WV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/21 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's probably a much better RV than you can buy today!! Seems like furniture and cabinets are especially cheaper quality than just a few years ago. It's common now to hear of leather peeling off the sofa and cabinets with the finish coming off. Wish we had kept our old Crossroads Cruiser and just did an upgrade. Now the factories are trying to meet the unprecedented demand for RV's and quality could really take a hit.

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/21 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Likes to tow wrote:

It's probably a much better RV than you can buy today!! Seems like furniture and cabinets are especially cheaper quality than just a few years ago. It's common now to hear of leather peeling off the sofa and cabinets with the finish coming off. Wish we had kept our old Crossroads Cruiser and just did an upgrade. Now the factories are trying to meet the unprecedented demand for RV's and quality could really take a hit.

Exactly why we are keeping ours and maintaining it. Replacing the decals or body painting it is maintenance really, but an upgrade. Our decals will be around $3700, parts and labor. I read that a full body paint job can be $12 - 15K.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> New Full Body Paint Job
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.