|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Buy new now or wait until end of summer

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
smarty

new mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/21 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The nations stock market is due for a correction. Buy when this occurs.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/21 09:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The RV boom has been going for 10 years. Prices have been increasing during those 10 years. the same people that fueled the last 10 year run will keep fueling it. The Covid RV buying crowd may fade, but IMO won't put a dent in the already over priced RV market or the number of potential buyers.

https://rvbusiness.com/surge-in-rv-demand-has-been-happening-for-a-decade/

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/21 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buy now while lots have units in stock.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/21 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buy at the end of summer & buy used. You might just pick up a one season lightly used unit that has taken it's biggest hit in depreciation.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

mr_andyj

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/21 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Prices on everything except gold and silver are going up. Inflation is a sure thing too. Wait until the pain comes in June and July when gas prices go up for some yet-unknown reason, then everything else will inflate too.
Camper prices should go down in the Fall, but Inflation will make the dollar number remain the same or higher.
Use what you got, or so they say, is the best advice, and usually the cheapest, but you are looking, needing, a smaller rig?
If you need smaller rig, then make it so now.
Don't expect a lot to change over the summer. People will still be in the same job situation as they are in now, and if CGs are full then they will be more full next month, even the boondocking places.
Locals love to flock 20 minutes away for a cheap vacation near home. I notice CGs full of in-towners, cheap, trailer-trash, loud in-towners...

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/21 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Aside from the fear mongering that's been shared, around here in the northwest, the issue is more about what is available on the lots. I know the model I want wont even be on the manufacturing line until January of next year. I have no choice but to wait at least until then.

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

ol Bombero-JC

USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/21 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow - nobody mentioned the glut of RVs and RVers not traveling due to the gas shortage!!...[emoticon]

(BIG) - ROTFL !!...

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/21 11:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The inventory of storage yards and campsites won't keep up with the surge of covid buyers. People are going to get frustrated by the lack of available campsite reservations.

Another percentage of the surge of newcomers will get frustrated by towing issues, dumping tanks, and the cheesy battery from the dealer that won't hold a charge.

And those newcomers who actually did get out there and use their rigs will be further frustrated by the whole "new RV" warranty repairs process. Once they've made a bunch of payments for a rig that they can't even use because it's sitting at the dealer's lot waiting for repairs, many of them will head for the exits and sell theirs too.

If I were shopping, I'd wait until the fall when the bloom is off the rose and the novelty has worn off. I think there will be some great "like new" models out there with only a week or two of use. They'll be on Craigslist from October through next Spring and beyond.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Sagebrush

Jacksonville AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/12/21 12:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I burn diesel, so far no issues with fuel shortages. I'm so glad I decided to downsize the 5th wheel. We usually can always find a spot in the SE or boondock. Not too many reservation issues if you can boondock. I had a 44' long triple axle for years, finding a RV site was an issue too often even with a reservation. Oh yeah big rigs welcome, no problem they say.

My muddy dirt driveway is messed up from all the heavy rain and its hard to find a RV parking spot even here in Alabama. Everything is full locally. I'm trying to figure out where to park the new trailer now.

tommyznr

NR, WI

View Profile

Posted: 05/14/21 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have to sell yours in the same time frame as when you buy then what’s the difference? You sell/buy at higher price now vs sell/buy lower price later. I guess the advantage to doing it now is you know what the market is, if you wait until later, you hope you know what the market will be.

I used to be like you and try to figure out what the best timing is to get that slight advantage. You win some you lose some. Now I do things when I want and don’t worry about if I could have saved down the road. I must be getting old.

Tom

2017 GMC Sierra SLT, Max Tow package
2018 Grand Design Reflection 295RL

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Buy new now or wait until end of summer
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.