RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: Is Facebook killing this site?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Is Facebook killing this site?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/10/21 04:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I've noticed traffic here has dropped off over the years. I still think it's one of the best RV Forums on the planet and regularly recommend it to folks I find who are interested in the RV lifestyle, along with my username."

It didn't drop off, it fell off a cliff. I feel for the Mods, they volunteer to help the community without any help from above. The archaic software and the list of 5000 things not to be mentioned even though commonly mentioned in the rest of the world must weigh heavily.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here are some sad points...

Casual RV'ing has slumped. Where folks used to go on weekends perhaps five times a summer plus a really long vacation, they may go twice with the long vacation cut in half for duration and distance.

A hundred gallons of gasoline or diesel is a budget buster and allowing a three hundred-mile radius, it is discouraging.

Even down here in Mexico, the fuel is four dollars a gallon, and beachside camping on a Caribbean beach can cost seventy dollars per night. Boondocking on a primitive beach can cost three hundred dollars a month.

Here's an example of what I face. During the summer, escaping a tropical beach is wonderful. Trading ninety degrees eighty percent humidity for seventy degrees and thirty percent humidity is quite a treat.

Quicksilver gets 12 mpg. Not bad for an 18,000 # rig. It is 240 miles to Patzcuaro and 240 miles to return. About 480 miles. Forty dollars of fuel at 4 dollars per gallon. $160 US dollars.

The RV park in Patzcuaro is not in town. It's at the top of a hill three miles distant. So a five dollar per trip taxi is needed. Ten dollars a day for say 7 days.

The RV park charges twenty five dollars a day. $175

But the toll road is a killer. For a three axle rig, it's seventy dollars each way. One hundred forty dollars.

Of the family can pile into the Spirit and it gets 22 mpg. The tolls amount to forty dollars. A downtown set of two rooms costs thirty-five dollars a day which eliminates the taxi.

So three trips are possible during the summer rather than one.

TirionL

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/21 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Perhaps, just need upgrade software with https://mlsdev.com/services/mobile-app-development. Another thing to consider when comparing app software and web design is the ease of use. You want to find a web development company that can build your app according to your specific instructions. This can include integrating the app with your existing mobile platform, adding in any new widgets or features as needed, and more. Developers often make the mistake of thinking that an app that works on an old browser is going to work on a new device, but this isn't true. Always choose web developers who specialize in mobile app design so that your app will be effective on the type of device you have in mind.

* This post was edited 06/27/21 03:03am by TirionL *

road=freedom

Cypress, Texas USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 06:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you're not paying for it, you're the product.

Steve

2020 Silverado
2020 Flagstaff E-Pro E15TB

Wanderlost

Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/30/21 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm happy talking about RVing on this site. Will continue to hang around here.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Harley, blacker cat

RobertRoybal

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/30/21 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TirionL wrote:

Perhaps, just need upgrade software with ***Link Removed***. Another thing to consider when comparing app software and web design is the ease of use. You want to find a web development company that can build your app according to your specific instructions. This can include integrating the app with your existing mobile platform, adding in any new widgets or features as needed, and more. Developers often make the mistake of thinking that an app that works on an old browser is going to work on a new device, but this isn't true. Always choose web developers who specialize in mobile app design so that your app will be effective on the type of device you have in mind.

This is a good solution, thanks!

loralli23

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/21 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't use facebook

oliviaolivv0101

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/21/21 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think that people spend too much time on social networks. Because of this, they spend less time with family, walking, relaxing with friends. When I was in college, I decided to give up Facebook because I didn't have time to study and work. I spent a lot of time at work because I liked her very much. I sometimes turned to https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/myhomeworkdone/ to keep up with my studies. Now I sometimes sit in social networks but not very much because it really takes a lot of our free time

* This post was edited 08/22/21 04:10pm by oliviaolivv0101 *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Is Facebook killing this site?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.