|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> New Montana purchase

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
torquespring

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/21 04:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it common for camping world to want you to do a walk through and hook up to the rig before knowing what your payment, interest rate, bank information is going to be? That's what they did to us. I didn't want to hook up and do a walk through in case we didn't agree on the terms kinda seemed like putting the cart before the horse. They looked at me like I was crazy and said that's how they always do it and nobody's ever asked to know that info first. I think they want you to feel like it's yours before you sit down with finance to get the particulars. That's not how I do business!! Could never get a finance guy to call me to talk numbers after the first meeting with the salesman. Ignored me for 2 weeks, and 5 messages.

Torquespring
Albuquerque, NM

IDman

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/21 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is a cheesy, insulting, effort to guilt you into buying. "After all we've done, walk thru, etc.".. You are lucky the finance guy ignored you! Now you can go elsewhere and be treated with respect and courtesy.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/21 06:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like so many other chain stores, it all depends on management. Some great, some poor, most somewhere in between. They all have their own methods. BUT. Camping World does seem to get more than its share of complaints. But that also seems to be common to larger chains. The more stores the more likely to hear complaints simply because of numbers.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/21 07:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Theoretically you want to know that everything works and hooks to the truck BEFORE signing on the dotted line. Sounds like this CW did it right.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Thunder Mountain

Lost in the Four Corners

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/10/21 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

torquespring wrote:

Is it common for camping world to want you to do a walk through and hook up to the rig before knowing what your payment, interest rate, bank information is going to be? That's what they did to us. I didn't want to hook up and do a walk through in case we didn't agree on the terms kinda seemed like putting the cart before the horse. They looked at me like I was crazy and said that's how they always do it and nobody's ever asked to know that info first. I think they want you to feel like it's yours before you sit down with finance to get the particulars. That's not how I do business!! Could never get a finance guy to call me to talk numbers after the first meeting with the salesman. Ignored me for 2 weeks, and 5 messages.

Meet sales class 101. Get the customer to put their hands on it or as they want to hook it to your truck. It makes it almost psychologically impossible for the buyer to unhook it. Nothing wrong with a full walk through before setting down at the table. If the finance guy won't talk numbers with you then just walk. This is just plain sleazy sales tactics.

We've given CW a couple of tries at selling us an RV over almost 20 years. Had to walk both times for seller trying to deal off the bottom of the deck. Wouldn't suggest buying from CW.

Did you call your Credit Union or look at other finance options before walking in the door?

You didn't say what brand or model you were looking at. Do some research and find reputable sellers. Take a cruise through RV Trader on the net searching for your model. There are some very big volume dealers on that site. The wife bought our first diesel pusher via the internet from De Martini. We drove from Colorado to Iowa and got a great deal on a eight month old used unit that had 2300 miles on it.

* This post was edited 05/10/21 08:21pm by Thunder Mountain *

2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

curt12914

Bombay NY (5 miles from Quebec, 15 from Ontario)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/21 04:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why would you want to waste everyone's time unless you were sure you were going to buy the rig?

Remember that you are the customer and it is your money and your rules. Don't allow any salesman to take control. Sometimes I embarrass my wife, but they play by my rules or we don't play.

I, personally, hate high pressure and I will not buy from anyone that tries to pressure me into something.

2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

torquespring

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/21 05:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We finally ended up buying it after going round and round and spending ALL day there. We had to get a different finance guy which actually worked out to our advantage ( we were both in the Navy and had worked at the same places) He got us a better interest rate and lower payment. It just sucked that they pull these tactics when there really is no need to... Thanks for your input, figured I wasn't the only one

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/21 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello torquespring,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience with your recent purchase. Please provide the Camping World location your are referring to. We will share your experience with the leadership team for review.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Customer Care Team

torquespring

Albuquerque, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/11/21 10:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This was at the Albuquerque, NM Camping World store. Shannon was the salesman, Ian was the finance guy that ignored the messages, and William Rael was the one who finally made everything alright. We were there from 9:45 in the morning until 4:00pm without a meal. We should have ate before we went in, but didn't think it would take that long.

Sandia Man

Rio Rancho, NM

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/21 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad it all worked out in the long run, truth be known it is pretty much the same tactics every car or RV dealer uses. We always come in with our own financing and tell them upfront before looking to avoid added hassles, you did them a favor coming in without financing as they certainly made a profit providing it. Last 2 new rigs we purchased we had full walk through with power and water available and while hitch was being installed, an hour or so later we signed paperwork and towed our new rig home. Anyway, nobody really enjoys having to go through this ridiculous process just to purchase a vehicle, we have done business with the ABQ CW and like most there has been good and bad, no different than any other chain stores. Congrats on your new rig, perfect time of the year to get out there and have some fun.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> New Montana purchase
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.