|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gasoline/Diesel Shortages

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/21 12:41pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr_andyj wrote:

County ambulances likely get fueled from county owned pumps that supply only to county vehicles (police, ambulance, fire, bus and other), so probably no issues.
So, prices went up a little, we will see if they come back down to last weeks prices or if they stay the same. Ga prices were frozen by the governor, yet they still went up from $0 to 30 cents higher overnight.
Most stations are out of 87 octane so everyone is having to buy the higher priced fuels. If I owned a station I would only order in 93 octane, but surely nobody is doing this...

While this is likely true, fuel to go in the county storage tanks comes thru the same pipeline as what goes to gas station.

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/21 01:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

When I was in school I was taught if everybody works together everybody does better.
I would hate to think that I filled my tank to "keep my options open" caused say a ambulance not to have options.
How very true. However they apparently left out the fact that at the last time that happened was never. I take care of myself and pass on babysitting the rest of the world

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/21 02:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

However they apparently left out the fact that at the last time that happened was never. I take care of myself and pass on babysitting the rest of the world

Bingo. "This" particular issue is, or more accurately, was, a short lived problem. And I'm a very nice helpful person generally, but make no mistake, anyone whom puts others over themselves, in general, is a fool, or a fraud with only the appearance of caring.
I'm also not going to waste time on the differentiation of either.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/21 03:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wapiticountry wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

When I was in school I was taught if everybody works together everybody does better.
I would hate to think that I filled my tank to "keep my options open" caused say a ambulance not to have options.
How very true. However they apparently left out the fact that at the last time that happened was never. I take care of myself and pass on babysitting the rest of the world

Grit dog wrote:

wapiticountry wrote:

However they apparently left out the fact that at the last time that happened was never. I take care of myself and pass on babysitting the rest of the world

Bingo. "This" particular issue is, or more accurately, was, a short lived problem. And I'm a very nice helpful person generally, but make no mistake, anyone whom puts others over themselves, in general, is a fool, or a fraud with only the appearance of caring.
I'm also not going to waste time on the differentiation of either.

Well, IMHO, knowing something will be in short supply for a limited time, then running out to buy all I can, instead of what I need is not babysitting the world, but it is not kicking others in the face either. Fact is, because many people are so much Me Me Me stations in states not served by the pipeline are running out of gas. But Darwin's laws might reduce that problem somewhat.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/21 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sticking a fork in this thread and calling it done. The crisis seems to have passed.

Closed.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Gasoline/Diesel Shortages
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.