|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Coffee Survey

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
atreis

IN

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Locally roasted coffee (freshly roasted) in a percolator.

2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/21 12:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Navy coffee was the ZOOM Energy Drink. I learned to drink it black in the Goat Locker where my dad usually stuck me when I went with him on sea trials.

"Here kid have a cup, this'll put hair on your chest". Those tattooed maniacs were so salty they didn't glance at their mugs as they auto gyroed them for pitching and rolling. Dump in the coffee then water and add a pinch no two of salt.

I tried off-brand coffee in the sixties. It was ghastly. It learned me.

miltvill

Ft. Lauderdale FL

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/21 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a Kureg at work and did not like it. My coffee mug holds about 2 cups of coffee and the coffee in a Kureg was not strong enough. I drink at least 12 cups of coffee a day. DW drinks her coffee with half coffee and half milk and drinks more coffee then I do. We have a 14 cup coffee maker and really like Costco coffee. In the RV we use a percolator on the stove. It comes out hot and as strong as you want to make it. I also use instant coffee when I don't want to make a pot of coffee. I also enjoy a shot of Cuban coffee which I can make on the RV stove.

2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/21 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When my granddaughter Dalia was five, she'd stumble into my kitchen wearing an upside down smile. Jeezo, wotta grump. She'd pour half a cup of coffee, add 50% milk and several teaspoons of sugar. Fifteen minutes after drinking it, what an angel!
In Mexico such as prepared cup is called Cafe con Leche (milk). But almost unheard of for children.
My first decades here restaurant coffee was a cup of lukewarm water, a jar of Nescafe, a teaspoon, and 1/4 glass of milk.
USA experienced Mexicanos started referring to it as NO ES CAFE.

For storage, I need strong pressure proof containers, and a fitting to connect to a vacuum pump used to pump down air conditioners. Yeah it's a dream, but it sure would be nice cracking open a sealed kilogram of whole beans after a year's storage,

ameliafern

United States

View Profile

Posted: 05/24/21 01:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

play world of solitaire with a coffe on: https://worldofsolitaires.co

Alex and Tee

Jacksonville , FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/24/21 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a 12 cup Cuisinart drip at home at make a pot of Starbucks Pike Place every day. My wife uses the Keurig. I need to start putting the Pike in a refillable pod and try the Keurig because I know when we hit the road the Cuisinart is going bye-bye. [emoticon]

Alex & Teresa

2022 Allegro Open Road
2021 Colorado 4x4

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/21 10:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For me, Starbucks House Blend decaf (my stomach thanks me for not sending caffeine) brewed in an Aeropress, with about 2/3 tsp of xylitol (tastes just like table sugar, but healthier) and a generous dollop of heavy cream.

* This post was edited 05/30/21 07:37am by an administrator/moderator *

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/21 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use Mr. Coffee. The coffee turns out fine in my estimation. I always grind whole beans separately for each cup.

I've tried instant coffee, but wound up throwing the rest of the jar in the garbage. Absolutely undrinkable. Years ago, I made my coffee "cowboy style" by boiling in a saucepan. It turned out very good. In addition, I never use tap water, but bottled water only.

My favorite commercial coffee seller had been Starbucks. I've always ordered a large latte. However a recent experience turned me away for now. The latte had a decidedly burnt taste and I had to return it. A new cup still tasted burnt and I traded it in for a slice of banana nut bread instead of ordering more coffee. [emoticon]

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/21 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One cup of coffee per day, Community...Founders Blend, Cafe Special, or Evangeline Blend.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/21 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I remember for decades going to the store and wandering down the aisle with numerous bags of coffee beans..and the big old coffee grinder.
I think you poured the beans in and put the bag under a chute and set the machine for the grind you wanted. Even as a child I thought it was ambrosia. We were raised such that The Amish would be rated as Hippies, so we weren't allowed to drink coffee.
I have thus far not found the coffee that taste as good as that smell.
Sometimes a memorable smell resembling waifes by, but.....
If there are markets that still have one of those grinders and shelves of different beans, I'm going to buy what smells the best and grind it for what type of machine?
If I find the taste to match that smell, I'll trow out the Kerig and find the coffeemaker that doesn't screw it up.
Starbucks is a total turnoff.Smells like burnt rubber or something.
A coffee grinder of my own and the proper beans is the answer. Why can't I ever think of it when shopping?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Coffee Survey
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.