|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Coffee Survey

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/21 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since wife has started the Kureg thing coffee is inconsistent from one cut to another and in general it is bad as if powdered.
Still have a coffee pot.
Which brand do you prefer?
how do you brew it?

Maybe enough like one brand enough I can start from there.
I mean if most people prefer one brand there has t be a reason.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/17/21 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love our Keurig. Green Mountain Our Blend is our favorite. Tastes most like coffee, not bitter, very smooth.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 02:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Never have used a Keurig, too much waste IMO. We grind our beans, using a burr grinder, usually a dark roast, not Aribica beans, and use a drip coffee maker. A percolator can make great coffee, but you run the risk of bitterness and oiliness. Haven't bought any name brand coffee in decades, last time would have been in the early 80's. Very fond of Dark Kenya AA, Sumatra, and the like.

Love a French press, but hate the cleanup.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Organic coffee company is my new favorite. It's fair trade, eco friendly coffee and the entire packaging, including the pod top, is corn plastic and totally compostable. Tastes fantastic. I hated using single use pods that fill the landfills so was thrilled to find an eco friendly alternative to grinding beans daily.

I order from Amazon if I can't find it at the local co-op.

link

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use a drip coffee maker (Mr Coffee) remember them? I like 8 o' clock coffee after being recommended to me on this forum. I probably need to drink less coffee and tea and more water.

Redcatcher70

Beebe, AR

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Folders Classic Roast made in a currently owned Black & Decker drip coffeemaker. Also made in the Mr. Coffee til we kill one with much usage. Kids gave us a Kuerig one Christmas, beside costing arm and leg for pods, taste just not there. We usually make two 12 cup pots every morning, So you figure the cost of K-cups each day....

* This post was edited 05/17/21 04:42pm by Redcatcher70 *

Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

FlashBuddy

Fort Collins Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm glad you asked; I've been wanting to vent. Keurig coffees are ****. Well maybe Green Mountain is OK, It's one I haven't tried. From Paul Newmans, to Donut Shop - from Costco to Peet's, blind folded I couldn't tell one from another and none of them are any good.

The best coffee your going to get is from fresh roasted ground beans using the filter method. Sorry all you French kissers, ah er, pressers.

Don't get me started on which coffee maker is best. I'll tell you right now that the cheapest one is best. C'mon man, a reservoir, heating element and cheap electronic timer. 'Nuff said.

2018 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel Lariat Super Crew 4X4
Grand Design Reflection 295RL
Jan Baby the Wife & Molly the Dog

Pawz4me

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used a Keurig for a few years but I never really liked it. I was happy when it bit the dust. Bought a basic Mr. Coffee drip machine until I could research something better. Ended up using it for a couple of years until it died. It wasn't awful but it never got the coffee quite as hot as I like. Now I use a Ninja drip machine with McDonald's coffee. Suits me fine.

Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 05:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those cheap coffee makers will work good as long as they get the water hot enough. Remember the awful Mr. Coffee coffee makers? They just heated the water a little and pumped it over the grounds. Awful stuff.

The coffee we buy now is from Organic Coffee Company, and is great. $20 for 5 pounds of beans. Tough to beat.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 05/17/21 05:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kuring is ok if used daily but other than the MINIs they do not empty so if they sit sit sit the water stagnates.. Coffee should be very consistant but the pods.. Well Folks there are thousands of tons of plastic from Green Mountain Coffee in land fills now.. Of course you can use a re-fillable "pods" and Maxwell House if you like.

I have a 4-cup Auto Drip right now with Duncan Donuts but usually Folger's

I have a convertable (Uses pods or a filter) single cup machine as well. it empties fully for storage.. i do not use it often

Kurig Pods are I think (Do not quote me on this) Argon filled, it is one of the Inert Gasses and thus the pods should be goods to brew decades after purchase.

What can change day to day is the water. Use a PUR or Brita filter to fill the supply side.

Home is where I park it.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Coffee Survey
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.