|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Coffee Survey

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a Kureg and like Folgers Classic Roast coffee.

I also still use mu old MR Coffee maker and prefer Folgers Simply Smooth mild.

I make titty (lots of cream and a teaspoon of honey) in a big coffee mug. Black coffee stirs my acid reflux issues.

Drinking water taste varies greatly which has much to do with coffee taste.

What coffee most folks use has nothing to do with what I like. My dad loved his chicory coffee so strong it would float a rock but I couldn't drink it.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/21 11:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go to Starbucks. Wait read me out. Try various grinds watered down 50% with hot water. It tastes like ordinary strength coffee.

Ordinary strength, maybe, but still some of the worst coffee I've ever drunk. Makes me literally sick.

Drinking water taste varies greatly which has much to do with coffee taste.

Very true. We will get coffee as our "treat" when we are out callooping. I like Dunkin cold brew but it varies so much depending on where we are. Have started getting in the habit of filling my big insulated mug with 16 ounces of the iced coffee I get from Amazon. Way better than any of the chains. Wish there were more mom and pop coffee shops in my area.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And there is always the thought of supporting your local coffee shop. Not a chain, mind you, but actual local shops. I am lucky enough to have 4 local coffee shops within 5 miles and I make a point to visit at least one of them once a week. it's a pleasant experience. Local shops are always so friendly and thankful for the support. And make some really good coffee.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

DrewE wrote:

I just bought an ex-hotel single cup coffee maker, the type that takes the 2" flat round filter pods, from a local thrift store for $.25. I don't drink coffee myself, as I personally find the flavor quite revolting; this is just so I can offer it to the occasional house or dinner guest. Hence, as to a brand or type of coffee, I cannot offer any advice at all, but hope to pick out some variety that's halfway usable based on blind luck.
It shouldn't really matter that much, since you don't drink coffee, visitors won't expect you to offer them the best there is. [emoticon] But just out of consideration to their taste buds, rotate out the opened coffee regularly. Opened ground coffee will get pretty tasteless over time. What you do have, store in an airtight opaque container. It will last longer that way.

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions!

One nice advantage of the floppy pods (for me, at least) is that many of them come in individually sealed little packets, which should help with the freshness to some extent.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/21 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am lucky enough to have 4 local coffee shops within 5 miles and I make a point to visit at least one of them once a week.

I am so jealous!!!

PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm still looking for the coffee setup my dad and uncle used at the project site: 30 cup Bunn (IIRC) pot, coffee from a 5-gallon can of Hills Bros. or Folgers Mountain Grown. Pot was always on.

I use a 12-cup Mr. Coffee drip brewer, Folgers classic roast, and an Insulated 20oz coffee tumbler. 1.5 of those lasts all day.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Whatever is on SALE at the grocery store.

Grew up on ranch
Worked Oilfield
NAVY
Power Plant
Camping

Black, thick and strong
It's just coffee

Ah The kind of coffee where the spoon you stir it with stands up.. for a few seconds before it melts down [emoticon]

Know it...

I drink a lot of coffee..... Including one day the last cup at a Fire House.... but I can not drink Char..er, Starbucks.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/21 04:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We picked up a single cup maker at Walmart(?) like the ones in hotels. This has a strainer basket you add your own coffee to so whatever brand you prefer you can brew. I like Community Coffee and order it from them online. The wife can have her decaf and I get my high octane one cup at a time. Works for us.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/21 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

I am lucky enough to have 4 local coffee shops within 5 miles and I make a point to visit at least one of them once a week.

I am so jealous!!!

3 of them literally just opened 2 months ago. The one is my favorite. they really brighten your day and not in a fake way either. They remember your name, what you like, talk to you. Etc. If I am feeling grumbly I go there, I always come away happier. Nevermind the fantastic coffee, and I can be snobbish about it, the experience and service is so homey. Anyway, if ever in this neck of the woods, I can point you to it.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/21 06:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Way2Roll, I might just take you up on that some day!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Coffee Survey
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.