RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: T-Mobile Home Internet WOW!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> T-Mobile Home Internet WOW!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/21 01:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also work as an IT developer and have had no issues using VPN to access my office PC/MAC/RHEL workstations/servers, which is technically on U.S.Gov network.

dtombaugh

none

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/28/21 01:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was weird. but it was the same type and duration of failures across multiple devices. The only common denominator was the t-mobile internet. When I plugged into my cable company internet, it wouldn't happen. i did notice that my home internet connection had the web security stuff attached. it took several days to finally get that disabled. But it didn't change much.

2021 Coleman Lantern 2755BH
1999 Chevy Suburban 2500HD (7.4L V8 4x4)

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/21 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tested T-Mobile 4G/5G home internet with a popular VPN service, one recommended by NY Times and a PC Mag Editor's Choice, which is working with no issues.

Current T-Mobile 5G home internet speed:

[image]

Speed using USA based VPN:

[image]

Lincoln4

Buckley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/21 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've been on T-Mobile Home Internet for several months now. The speed is rather variable, but we've had no problem streaming anything so far (Dish on Demand, Prime, Netflix, Youtube). We are currently on our first trip from home since getting it, and it's working fine on the Washington coast. Now that I'm retired, much more traveling to follow so we'll see how it goes.

Tom & Jana fulltiming in the driveway. Hitting the road June 1.
Plus Roswald and Piper, The Wonder Chugs!
2008 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA
Looking for a new Toad...

My blog

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 06/12/21 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like it's on sale this month thru the 30th for $50 a month, but it's still not available at my home yet.

5G Home Internet

* This post was edited 06/12/21 01:42pm by Gulfcoast *

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 02:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Three days ago I signed up for & ordered the T-mobile wireless home internet, unlimited data no throttling,
It's on the way, shipped from Louisville Ky and due to arrive next Tuesday the 22nd,
Took advantage of the special

I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/21 05:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It arrived, but I'm having problems, plugged it in, and went thru the setup procedure, downloaded the app to my phone, changed the adminm password as directed, but it will not authentic the wifi access two tablets one phone, I spent hours trying to connect my Android devices, checked security settings over and over,very careful putting in the password but getting nowhere
And this one does the initial setup over wifi, does not use BT, all the instructions and prompts are about wifi, very frustrating

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/21 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just tried to connect my iPhone to WiFi several times, and it indicated that the password was incorrect? [emoticon]

Instead of the smartphone app, I used my PC and typed in its IP address into my browser to get to the T-Mobile router admin page. You need to be connected to the router via Ethernet or WiFi.

If you don't know the IP address, you can use WIN10 search to find and run Powershell. Type ipconfig /all and locate the default gateway IP for your PC - i.e. 192.168.xx.x Type the IP into your browser address bar and press enter.

I checked my WiFi password on the admin page, and it was correct? When I typed the password again in my iPhone, it connected with no problem. Not sure why having the router admin page open made any difference, but not longer having a connection issue.

BTW, accessing the admin page through browser gives more info than the smartphone app. It indicated I've used 102G of data so far this month. It's also one of the cleanest interfaces I've seen for any router admin page, and doesn't overburden the user with too many settings.

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/21 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For a general idea, my iPhone speed test connected to T-Mobile home internet ($50./month) WiFi:
    [image]

Connected to Verizon Visible ($25./month) 4G LTE mobile data:
    [image]

Both offer unlimited monthly data allowance. Visible is running much faster than I realized.

MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/21 02:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the info
I found my problem and have it working
It was an ID TEN T error ... id10t
I changed the wifi access key/password during setup, without documenting it and in the excitement totally forgot
So this morning After a few hours of head scratching the dim light bulb In my brain finally got bright enough for me to have a glimmer of realization of me chasing my tail

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> T-Mobile Home Internet WOW!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.