|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> F150 Lightening

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sjm9911 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Yep. There is a new apartment building complex with 176 parking spots in the parking lot. There are at least 40 half tons. [emoticon] Meh. People have different tastes and needs. Nothing wrong with a half ton as a daily driver.

The developers included 4 level 2 charging stations for residents only. There are a few BEV's there so they get used. Apparently room for a dozen more, Good foresight on their part. BEV sales are climbing fast in this province, I think once EV trucks are out that will climb even faster. Teslas are like corolas in out little town. [emoticon] (Little exaggeration [emoticon] )

Yea, unfortunately they will need to upgrade all the electric in a lot of those parking lots and decks. Lots of places by me have 150 plus units with a multi story parking deck. And 0 chargers. This could be a mess. I have no idea the amount of voltage needed, plus the transformer capacities.

The lot behind where i work has 3 chargers that have been there for like 5 years. Maybe a bit longer. At first no one used them, now everyone is fighting for those spots. To the future! .......maybe.......

Yepir. Lots of upgrading for building owners. Re voltage. 120 or 240 depending on how fast you want to charge. About half of the EV owners just charge at home with 120. The other half put a stove plug or dryer plug or even just a 240 volt 12 amp circuit on their garage or driveway. Our second charger is like that. We ran out of capacity on our 100 amp panel. Still, quicker than 120 at 12 amps.

In other news, the electrician trade will be busy. [emoticon].

Devo the dog

Moved out of crazy California

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

In other news, the electrician trade will be busy. [emoticon].

Will be busy?

LOL.

Every electrician I know has been busy doing this for about 3 years.

RCMAN46

NorthWest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/21 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good luck on getting a F150 Lightning any time soon. I have been following the Bronco for almost a year now and not sure when you will be able test drive one before purchase.

Here is a quote from a news article I saw.

"What Does a Reservation Do For You?

It gets you one step closer to owning the all-new Bronco.

Reserve now to secure your Bronco. Beginning in January 2021, you will be able to convert your reservation to an order with your preferred Ford Dealer.

In May 2021, your Ford Dealer will be able to provide an approximate date for the delivery of your Bronco. Initial Bronco 2 and 4-door deliveries are targeted to begin in summer 2021.

Due to the high number of Bronco 2 and 4-door reservations, deliveries may extend into the 2022 calendar year."

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/20/21 02:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@RCMAN46 - I made the reservations with my eyes open. It says production will be spring next year and it will be model 2022.

Actually for me, it's just a race with Cybertruck where I also have a reservation although I may initially end up owning both and eventually selling, or having one of my kids buy, the other one. They are are crazy about the Cybertruck while I'm not so hot on it's looks.

We'll see. I don't a lose-lose in these moves and am not in a hurry as my Japanese trailer-puller is still going strong and good for another decade, lol.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/20/21 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"specially for the skeptical ICE cultists (pun intended)."

Okay, you lost me. I don't see a pun?

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

ronbiel

AL

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/21 01:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like the idea of electric pickup trucks, though range can be a concern.

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/21 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would consider an electric pickup and the Ford has some very attractive features but I don't think that I could live with the towing range. I am guessing that towing my equipment trailer would cut the range to a maximum of 120 miles.

At this point the cybertruck seems to be the better option for me but by the time all of the existing orders for it are filled I may be retired.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 05/21/21 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like the F150 lightning but I think the Cybertruck has better lockable storage. That stand on powered box cover is cool on the Cybertruck. And I think the in box (below box storage) of the Cybertruck is kinda cool. The Fords frunk is huge though. Gotta love that.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/21 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

"specially for the skeptical ICE cultists (pun intended)."

Okay, you lost me. I don't see a pun?

It's supposed to be funning, but I'm too lazy for that extra 4 letters.[emoticon]

But are you sure this what you want to spend your day on? (what is this again, dangling preposition?)[emoticon][emoticon]

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/21/21 07:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

I like the F150 lightning but I think the Cybertruck has better lockable storage. That stand on powered box cover is cool on the Cybertruck. And I think the in box (below box storage) of the Cybertruck is kinda cool. The Fords frunk is huge though. Gotta love that.

And on the subject where you are the resident expert, whether Ford has the recharging network -- although this is not out of the realm of their resources to build up.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 14  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> F150 Lightening
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.