|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Cleaning up our old RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
capacitor

California

View Profile

Posted: 05/25/21 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you use caulking, use a product called Big Stretch. It stays flexible and won't crack. It is pricey at 8-9 bucks a tube but well worth it. It is water based so it is easy to work with and with the above mentioned painters tape does a nice, clean job. Comes in white, almond, grey, and brown.

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/25/21 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Oh sorry about the aside. Camping spots are very difficult to get in Colorado. Yes I used a cheap caulk gun that we have had forever. I have not heard of Big Stretch but I like soap and water cleanup. Dicor is over $12 a tube. I actually bought a battery powered caulk gun a few years ago. It seems to have stopped working but it was for caulking vinyl to our crawlspace walls a pretty big job I did not think my hand was strong enough. It was hard to control but the call did not have to be neat!

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/21 08:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bad day for my poor old RV. I had the steps out for a few weeks while working inside and when I left to fill up the steps did not pull in with ignition as they were supposed to. So I got a warning from a fellow driver on the road but there was no room to pull over so I just stopped and restarted the ignition. Should have worked right? No it didn’t. I waited to stop again at the destination but of course finally hit the drive pulling in. That bent the side arm. When I got out to investigate the step motor was working. But then the steps could not retract all the way due to the bent arm. Looks like it could be bent back. But still disappointing.

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/21 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also I got the propane tank filled and it is definitely leaking. That was enough bad news for one day. Tomorrow I’ll try to find the leak. Darn.

EMD360

Arvada, CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/26/21 08:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I also read a recommendation for Eterna caulk from the folks who make eternabond. I like eternabond it lasts a long time and does not have to be reapplied. My roof pieces are 10 years old. Still look good. The caulk is a thermoplastic elastomer and required solvent cleanup.

2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

Gary45

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/21 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

EMD360 wrote:

Oh sorry about the aside. Camping spots are very difficult to get in Colorado. Yes I used a cheap caulk gun that we have had forever. I have not heard of Big Stretch but I like soap and water cleanup. Dicor is over $12 a tube. I actually bought a battery powered caulk gun a few years ago. It seems to have stopped working but it was for caulking vinyl to our crawlspace walls a pretty big job I did not think my hand was strong enough. It was hard to control but the call did not have to be neat!

Dicor, ProFlexrv are expensive but they are excellent long lasting products. Well worth the money. ProFlexrv comes in litre cans and can be applied with a small paint brush on flat areas.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Cleaning up our old RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.