RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: LP or electric on a meter

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > LP or electric on a meter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

Senior Member

Joined: 01/19/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/24/21 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know about your campground but we are also at a seasonal site and we don't pay for metered electrical use unless we go over our base allowance per month. Over the past few summers, frig and daily air conditioning didn't put us over our allowance.


Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk


theoldwizard1

SE MI

Senior Member

Joined: 09/07/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/24/21 04:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Someday, we will be able to purchase GOOD RV heat pumps, ones that will produce heat down to zero F (like mini-split heat pumps that have been around for decades).

One more nail in the coffin for LP in an RV !

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

Senior Member

Joined: 01/11/2011

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 05/24/21 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have twin 40 Lb Tanks and those things are heavy when filled. I'll use electric every chance I get to avoid having to refill those beasts.


2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

blaczero

USA

Full Member

Joined: 10/16/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/24/21 06:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HappyKayakers wrote:

I found this link several years ago. Can't vouch for the figures but it looked like someone did their homework. http://www.adventure.1tree.net/index.php........m_content&view=article&id=292&Itemid=285


Good info everyone thanks. Great link too.

I'll do some calculations and go from there.

The inconvenience doesn't factor in, since my campground has propane fill and it's $25 for a 30#'er.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/24/21 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blaczero wrote:

HappyKayakers wrote:

I found this link several years ago. Can't vouch for the figures but it looked like someone did their homework. http://www.adventure.1tree.net/index.php........m_content&view=article&id=292&Itemid=285


Good info everyone thanks. Great link too.

I'll do some calculations and go from there.

The inconvenience doesn't factor in, since my campground has propane fill and it's $25 for a 30#'er.

I assume you have permanently mounted tanks and they come to you with a truck. Otherwise there is a convenience factor. Even then you have to arrange for LP, pay for it and meet the driver to fill tank.
With electric there is no interaction. NONE.


19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide


Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

Senior Member

Joined: 06/20/2009

View Profile



Posted: 05/25/21 11:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

blaczero wrote:

HappyKayakers wrote:

I found this link several years ago. Can't vouch for the figures but it looked like someone did their homework. http://www.adventure.1tree.net/index.php........m_content&view=article&id=292&Itemid=285


Good info everyone thanks. Great link too.

I'll do some calculations and go from there.

The inconvenience doesn't factor in, since my campground has propane fill and it's $25 for a 30#'er.

I assume you have permanently mounted tanks and they come to you with a truck. Otherwise there is a convenience factor. Even then you have to arrange for LP, pay for it and meet the driver to fill tank.
With electric there is no interaction. NONE.


OP stated
The inconvenience doesn't factor in, since my campground has propane fill and it's $25 for a 30#'er.

I would assume portable propane cylinders


Is it time for your medication or mine?


2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/26/21 04:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Lantley wrote:

blaczero wrote:

HappyKayakers wrote:

I found this link several years ago. Can't vouch for the figures but it looked like someone did their homework. http://www.adventure.1tree.net/index.php........m_content&view=article&id=292&Itemid=285


Good info everyone thanks. Great link too.

I'll do some calculations and go from there.

The inconvenience doesn't factor in, since my campground has propane fill and it's $25 for a 30#'er.

I assume you have permanently mounted tanks and they come to you with a truck. Otherwise there is a convenience factor. Even then you have to arrange for LP, pay for it and meet the driver to fill tank.
With electric there is no interaction. NONE.


OP stated
The inconvenience doesn't factor in, since my campground has propane fill and it's $25 for a 30#'er.

I would assume portable propane cylinders

If the OP has portable tanks, than there is a convenience factor. Unless the CG changes the tanks for him for free, otherwise the OP has to physically put in the effort to swap the tanks.

philh

Belleville MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/26/21 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Electric is easier, end of story

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > LP or electric on a meter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.