RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Driving people to boondock by calling themselves a "Resort"

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Driving people to boondock by calling themselves a "Resort"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/27/21 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it has resort in the title I'm out, they are all over priced and all I need is working hookup to explore the area.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

2g's

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 05/29/21 12:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

I don't think the biggest consideration for boondocking is price. I think it's more lifestyle based than economic. I have no interest in boondocking. That's not what I RV for. Many boondockers have no interest in a developed campground, regardless of cost. It's a mindset and not much else.

You're correct.

We spent 16 years of full-timing and rarely stayed at a RV park or Resort.

We boondocked on public lands because we like the quietness and no lights. We enjoy nature and there's nothing better than to park at the edge of a beautiful stream or lake with no one else around. It has absolutely nothing to do with free camping. Once we're set up we use the Jeep for exploring the backroads and doing hikes. That's where the beauty of our country is... not in a 'resort'.

teejaywhy

Gilbert, AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/21 11:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

we have reservations in a didderent place but just for kicks ...
Marg is not a resort no beach no river no mountain within 5 miles of mountains.
PR Landing is no resort. Again no beach no mountains does have hills does have stream.
Both have pools.

That's a terrible Haiku.

The Yost Outpost
Gilbert, AZ
2007 GMC Sierra Classic 2500HD, Duramax LBZ
2019 Nash 23D

djsamuel

Central Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/21 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

teejaywhy wrote:

bgum wrote:

PR Landing is no resort. Again no beach no mountains does have hills does have stream.
Both have pools.

That's a terrible Haiku.

That made my morning!!! Thanks. [emoticon]

Picture of Our Trailer

Camplite 21BHS

ReneeG

Meridian, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/21 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

djsamuel wrote:

teejaywhy wrote:

bgum wrote:

Both have pools.

That's a terrible Haiku.

That made my morning!!! Thanks. [emoticon]

Mine too!!! LOL [emoticon]

2011 Bighorn 3055RL
2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley BD3
1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica and Mabel, both Rat Terriers!

mdcamping

CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/21 01:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

we have reservations in a didderent place but just for kicks I looked up two new RV Parks in Pigeon Forge TN. MARGARITAVILLE RV RESORT AT $119 a night and Pigeon River Landing rv resort at $79 per night.

Both have pools.

Most Parks are expected to have clean facilities, pool, and wifi but add Resort to mane and watch out.

Not sure of the point, sounds like they are near tourist destinations? if the parks are clean, maintained with enforced rules/security that may drive up the price? I have 1 booked this year at $108 per night that fits perfectly on what you described... certainly will not drive me to boondock [emoticon] [emoticon]

Mike

07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors.

propchef

NORCAL

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/21 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mdcamping wrote:

bgum wrote:

we have reservations in a didderent place but just for kicks I looked up two new RV Parks in Pigeon Forge TN. MARGARITAVILLE RV RESORT AT $119 a night and Pigeon River Landing rv resort at $79 per night.

Both have pools.

Most Parks are expected to have clean facilities, pool, and wifi but add Resort to mane and watch out.

Not sure of the point, sounds like they are near touristsounds like they are near tourist destinations destinations? if the parks are clean, maintained with enforced rules/security that may drive up the price? I have 1 booked this year at $108 per night that fits perfectly on what you described... certainly will not drive me to boondock [emoticon] [emoticon]

Mike

Exactly. A "resort" is simply a place near tourist areas. I can call an empty field a "resort" if it's adjacent to an amusement park or entertainment venue. No pool required.

Mayor30

Pa

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 01:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We almost never stay at private campgrounds anymore. One because of price,and one because they pack you in like sardines. We normally stay at state or federal parks. We have the Senior Pass which gives you free entry to any National Park or National Historic site. It also gives you half off camping at any Federal Campground. So we try to hit Forest Service or Army Corps of Engineers (COE).The lowest we paid was $7.50 a night for water and electric. The most we paid was $19 a night for water and electric and right on the lake. State Parks are usually more but generally in the $30 to $40 range. Sometimes you may have to drive 20 miles off the interstate,but for those prices it's worth it.Plus you have more room and a better view than in a commercial campground.

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/28/21 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stay at and enjoy the entire range. Individually, I enjoy boondocking the best far away from anyone, however my teen daughters disagree. They prefer water slides, pools, games, etc. We find state parks to be the middle ground for all of us but they are super difficult to get into. So we end up covering them all. Staying at true resorts, places that call themselves a resort but it's a stretch, KOA's, State parks, and boon docking. Just trying to keep everyone happy and everyone doing something other than staring at their phone

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Driving people to boondock by calling themselves a "Resort"
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.