|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Stable Camper anti-rocking system

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Slymer

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/21 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does anyone have any first or second hand knowledge as to whether this system is truly effective or not ??

https://www.stablecamper.com/stablization

https://i0.wp.com/www.truckcamperadventure.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/fullsizeoutput_13a8.jpeg?resize=1320%2C880&ssl=1

* This post was edited 05/26/21 01:16pm by Slymer *

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/21 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It is the best system there is for stabilizing the camper.. It was developed by an Arctic Fox owner. I saw it at a truck camper rally in 2018. There's quite a few Arctic Fox owners that use it and they all love it.

I never take my camper off the truck when I travel, so for me it serves no purpose.

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2018 Timber Ridge 24RLS (bought pre-owned 3/12/20)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/21 06:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you lower the jacks most/all the way down, it should be stable.
Have used our TC with the jacks fairly extended as well and I attached
ratchet straps in a X from the tiedown points to the bottom of the jacks and that worked well.
But lowering is mo betta IMO.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/21 06:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are other brands that make something similar. Torklift makes what they call wobble stopper and I think etrailer sells a different brand or two. All probably help at least some.

People also carry plywood in an X to put under their floors, etc for another solution. Some people put a board under the front. There are a lot of ways to make the TCs more stable while off.

If you search here, and especially the archive, you can find many methods for off truck stability.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/21 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That Stable Camper system looks pretty impressive. It stabilizes in two directions.

If I didn’t park my truck under the camper most of the time, I’d buy one of those. This is my ho’made wobble-stoppin’ system. It only stops fore and aft wobbles though. The camper is about 4” off the bed of the truck, and there’s not much clearance between the wheel wells and the camper “tub”, so it can’t wobble much side to side. I’m not sure about the newer Lance campers, but mine requires no support under the floor when it’s off the truck. I’ve used it like that a lot over the nearly 20 years that I’ve owned it.

[image]

[emoticon][emoticon]

* This post was edited 05/27/21 06:37am by NRALIFR *

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

#1Flyboy

California

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/21 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

…. We have 6 RV stackable screw jacks ( Amazon ) & 3 - 2” X 4” boards; 1 board across front , middle & back… NO movement & camper is supported from the bottom, not the sides. Low cost effective solution!…If’s interested PM & I’ll send pictures.

MORSNOW

Mountain Home, ID

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/21 08:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

#1Flyboy wrote:

…. We have 6 RV stackable screw jacks ( Amazon ) & 3 - 2” X 4” boards; 1 board across front , middle & back… NO movement & camper is supported from the bottom, not the sides. Low cost effective solution!…If’s interested PM & I’ll send pictures.

I use 4 of those same screw jacks with 4x4's when parked at our house, they are the most cost effective solution! They are also very easy to transport in the front fender area for use out camping.

[image]

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD

7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Slymer

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/21 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks MORSNOW. Not sure what you mean about the storage area you mention. (front fender)

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 05/27/21 09:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Even when a TC is loaded, there is some space in front of the wheel wells and behind the wheel wells on most trucks. I think that’s what he was talking about.

MORSNOW

Mountain Home, ID

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/21 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Slymer wrote:

Thanks MORSNOW. Not sure what you mean about the storage area you mention. (front fender)

There is a bunch of space in front of the wheel wells (between camper and truck bed) that I have access to thru two doors on either side of the camper. You can see one of the doors in the pic above (plywood rectangle in the diamond plate). Anyone can store things here before and after loading their campers if no access doors.

Sorry, back on subject with Stable Camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Stable Camper anti-rocking system
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.