|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Diesel fuel at Card Locks across Canada

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 05/30/21 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ssthrd wrote:

Thanks Soup. I ask because I don't have a registered company-it's for private use only.

Do you think your son-in-law would hire me? Lol

He’s happily married, and as he says... one wife is “enough”...l[emoticon]

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/21 01:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SideHill, you made me laugh when you said "one wife is enough." This is off-subject, but when my baby brother was working under contract for the Saudi Royal Air Force, he was checking in with Saudi Arabia's immigration and the Saudi employee noted on his paperwork that he only had one wife and said sir, you must be very poor; Chester said "one wife is enough." That was the first time I found out that numerous wives means a show of wealth to an Arabian. Different strokes for different folks!! Ha!

happycamper1942

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/31/21 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I drove across Canada a few years ago, and also on other long trips such as California, I used to unhitch every night and while my wife made dinner I would go out and fill up. Saves a lot of problems. When I had to pull into a station while hitched up, we would do a quick look to see where the diesel pumps were and never had any problems.

2008 Ford F350 crew cab short box PSD, 2021 TravelAir 90W camper

almcc

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/21 05:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

happycamper1942 wrote:

When I drove across Canada a few years ago, and also on other long trips such as California, I used to unhitch every night and while my wife made dinner I would go out and fill up. Saves a lot of problems. When I had to pull into a station while hitched up, we would do a quick look to see where the diesel pumps were and never had any problems.

That's exactly what we do, park the RV then get fuel, we do this all the way to California each winter. I've found that fuel prices are cheaper in some stations that are not the large ones like card locks.

happycamper1942

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/21 01:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

almcc wrote:

happycamper1942 wrote:

That's exactly what we do, park the RV then get fuel, we do this all the way to California each winter. I've found that fuel prices are cheaper in some stations that are not the large ones like card locks.

Also I found a couple of places where diesel was not easy to find so I had to drive around town till I found one which would have been a real pain towing the trailer.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/12/21 02:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No co ops in the east but lots of petro pass and esso/ husky. Some petro pass also have car islands that will have room for rv access. I don't think the truckpumps have small nozzles. Flying j at pass lake and kapuskasing. Truck lanes have big nozzles. At pne time there was an adapter available. Now if you traded your 5r for a dp the problem would be solved.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> Diesel fuel at Card Locks across Canada
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.