|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> A Very Touching Movie

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/21 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've recently watched "Freedom" for the 2nd time. Stars Cuba Gooding,from 1982. Free on Youtube. Historic movie, taking place in first third of 19th century. Plot: The underground railroad helping black slaves escape to the north prior to the Civil War. It's very interesting, and will hold your attention especially because it's real history.

Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/21 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

'GLORY', one of my favorite moving films worth watching again. Considered one of the more historically accurate movies made. A theatrical poster hangs in my office.

The movie led me to read the books and letters GLORY was based. One particular quote stands out is when 54th Massachusetts regiment marched through Boston, and Col. Robert Gould Shaw saluted his family from his horse, his sister Ellen is quoted as saying “his face was as the face of an angel and I felt perfectly sure he would never come back.” Needless to say, two months later he would be killed at 25yo along with 272 of his soldiers on the assault on Fort Wagner.

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/21 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I prefer non-fiction, fact- based dramas.

After watching "Sully", the story of the miracle on the Hudson, I sought out other movies by the actor Aaron Eckhart who played the First Officer in that airline drama.

A movie that I came across of which I viewed om Amazon Prime was "My All American."
It is an emotional film about The Story of Freddie Joe Steinmark.

Folks, I let you read the links in the caption above to inspire you to also watch this moving movie. It tells the true story about an underdog facing the hardest challenge of his life after leading his team to a championship.

mr. ed

Amarillo, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/21 10:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1492 wrote:

'GLORY', one of my favorite moving films worth watching again. Considered one of the more historically accurate movies made. A theatrical poster hangs in my office.

The movie led me to read the books and letters GLORY was based. One particular quote stands out is when 54th Massachusetts regiment marched through Boston, and Col. Robert Gould Shaw saluted his family from his horse, his sister Ellen is quoted as saying “his face was as the face of an angel and I felt perfectly sure he would never come back.” Needless to say, two months later he would be killed at 25yo along with 272 of his soldiers on the assault on Fort Wagner.

Yep, I rememember that movie and now plan to watch it again, now that you've reminded me. I like historically accurate movies, too, such as Freedom, which I mentioned above. Even if a movie isn't 100% accurate, I take it for what it is, and still enjoy it.

Another movie, which I think also has a measure of historical accuracy, is Master and Commander, starring Russell Crowe. I think it's a must-watch. [emoticon]

liamricci

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/22 01:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I loved to watch Mr Church with Eddie Murphy. Very touching story. Watched it with the help of my new bestie - the firestick. Thanks to this source for providing detailed instruction on how to set it up and manage all the addons.

* This post was edited 01/23/22 04:03pm by liamricci *

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 02/09/22 08:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

d3500ram wrote:

A movie that I recommend is "Taking Chance."

Finally watched 'Taking Chance' on HBOMax.com twice. It's a very touching movie, and now recommend it to friends.

What's ironic to me is that it premiered at Sundance Film Festival '09, and despite working at the festival for nearly 20-years, never heard about it. But not unusual, as there are way too many movies and most of us work too long hours. However, had I known about it at the time, I would have made a point to go see it at one of its screenings.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> A Very Touching Movie
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.