RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: 2016 CTD 67,500 MILE PERFORM SERVICE

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > 2016 CTD 67,500 MILE PERFORM SERVICE

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/30/21 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Regarding the 67,500 mile perform service light that comes on; I've seen Youtube videos that say the EGR cooler gets removed and cleaned along with replacing the crankcase filter at the top of the motor.

My manual makes no mention of the EGR cooler service, only to replace the filter. Which is correct?


2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/30/21 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't get sucked into the "Recommended Service BS".

2013 and newer RAM's with Diesel ONLY need the CCV filter changed, THATS IT!!!!!

Be sure to buy FleetGuard or Mopar filters ONLY.

It's about a 15 minute job start to finish with a Beer at the end.


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/30/21 10:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks Cummins, I picked up the Fleetguard filter already from Amazon. Looks like a simple swap.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/30/21 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

Regarding the 67,500 mile perform service light that comes on; I've seen Youtube videos that say the EGR cooler gets removed and cleaned along with replacing the crankcase filter at the top of the motor.

My manual makes no mention of the EGR cooler service, only to replace the filter. Which is correct?


It's actually required for the '07.5 and '12 first gen 6.7CTD trucks.


'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"


Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/30/21 09:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

Regarding the 67,500 mile perform service light that comes on; I've seen Youtube videos that say the EGR cooler gets removed and cleaned along with replacing the crankcase filter at the top of the motor.

My manual makes no mention of the EGR cooler service, only to replace the filter. Which is correct?


It's actually required for the '07.5 and '12 first gen 6.7CTD trucks.


This info from our in house "Closet Cummins Expert". [emoticon]

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/30/21 09:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

Thanks Cummins, I picked up the Fleetguard filter already from Amazon. Looks like a simple swap.


AWESOME!!!

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/31/21 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The job was simple. Just need to figure out how to reset the service light.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/31/21 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

The job was simple. Just need to figure out how to reset the service light.


Link

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/31/21 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

The job was simple. Just need to figure out how to reset the service light.


Link


From RV.NET's in house closet RAM expert.

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/22/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/31/21 08:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Ron3rd wrote:

The job was simple. Just need to figure out how to reset the service light.


Link


YouTube is our friend

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > 2016 CTD 67,500 MILE PERFORM SERVICE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.