RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping: Generators!! Yes YOU!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/21 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

I like my peace and quiet but believe if you don't like it move.
In a busy campground that's always easy.

FWC

The Wilderness

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/21 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

I like my peace and quiet but believe if you don't like it move.

I agree with this to some extent, but my issue is when you are set up (say on some BLM land with dispersed camping without 'sites' or rules) and someone comes and camps near you. It can be kind of hard to pack up and move under these circumstances.

Fresno Tundra Driver

Fresno,Ca. USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/21 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"People without generators annoy no one..." I'm not so sure this claim can be made in our country today. It seems like so many are addicted to outrage. But 24/7 generator use is VERY annoying!!

E.Lee Galik

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/21 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What did the people say when you asked them directly?

Otherwise this is just more noise posted here. Plenty of other generator noise complaint threads.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

egarant

Mission Viejo CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/21 10:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

There's a simple solution...go out and buy 10's of thousands of acres of range land. Build a road into the center of it and post no trespassing signs. Then you can set whatever rules you want for appropriate camping activities.

As long as it's public land and they are following the rules (official rules, not the ones you make up in your head), they have as much right to use the land as you do.

You probably are seeing a new crowd. If there is cell coverage, they may be out camping and working at the same time. Did you go over and talk to them...get to know them? Or did you sit their stewing over the newbies who don't know how to camp the right way?

So it is my job to educate the noisy neighbors…like you said ti is a new crowd and most don’t like to be told anything different. Most of the time you would be told to F off.

Go. ahead and HIDE behind the “rules say I can” so I will!
It’s the lack of common sense or common courtesy that we are talking about. Just because you can do you HAVE to?

2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears
2013 Eagle Cap 950
480 Watts Solar, 2K Watt Xantrex Inverter, Reonogy MPPT Charge Controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

2oldman

NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/21 10:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

egarant wrote:

Good point, my wife said most folks just don’t know about solar/inverters…and that is too bad for all of us.
And they may know about them but don't understand them. Generators are easy to understand.

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/21 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"Some parks, very few…limit generator use to 2 hrs in the am and again in the pm, now that makes more sense."

Yes it does. AND like bgum, I've never had anyone complain about the noise my solar panels make.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/21 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is one of those "us versus them" threads. I will always give in and move if there is someone obnoxious near me, meaning noise from generators, music, or parties. I won't wait for them to do something and confronting them these days could get me shot. So I would just move down the road and not let my blood pressure rise.

That said, it is unbelievable that in this day and age with all the technology of batteries, inverters, and solar panels that many have not been able to make the change. That is what's holding back the rest of the clean energy advancement.

What a pity. It won't change until every drop is used up. That's how we humans are.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

egarant

Mission Viejo CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/21 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

qtla9111 wrote:

This is one of those "us versus them" threads. I will always give in and move if there is someone obnoxious near me, meaning noise from generators, music, or parties. I won't wait for them to do something and confronting them these days could get me shot. So I would just move down the road and not let my blood pressure rise.

That said, it is unbelievable that in this day and age with all the technology of batteries, inverters, and solar panels that many have not been able to make the change. That is what's holding back the rest of the clean energy advancement.

What a pity. It won't change until every drop is used up. That's how we humans are.

Well said, spot on!

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/21 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"That said, it is unbelievable that in this day and age with all the technology of batteries, inverters, and solar panels that many have not been able to make the change."

Solar is "new," gtla, and "new" is scary and takes time and thought to understand.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.