|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Still very tempting to buy my totaled TT back

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
capacitor

California

View Profile

Posted: 07/11/21 07:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just replaced my tongue jack with a Husky hb3000 from adventure rv for 200. I would also replace the awning as I use mine every trip from hot sun to rain. Good to here it’s working for you. My son is looking for a wolfpup 17jg but they are hard to find.

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/21 06:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To the OP -

The great thing is when someone runs over to tell you they see your trailer has some damage there you can bull chit them about how you rolled it on the way to the campground and a girls fastball team stopped and helped you roll it back on it's wheels good thing the fridge travel latch held etc etc

Looking good so far.

Redone

Central NY

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/21 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to hear it is working out for you. I would keep an eye on the wheel bearings, as the one on the right side certainly would have experienced extra stress as the unit tipped over. Also curious if your insurance company let you reinsure the salvage trailer, or if you had to go a different route?

2020 Starcraft 182RB
2019 Subaru Ascent

protel

Portland

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/21 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Redone wrote:

Glad to hear it is working out for you. I would keep an eye on the wheel bearings, as the one on the right side certainly would have experienced extra stress as the unit tipped over. Also curious if your insurance company let you reinsure the salvage trailer, or if you had to go a different route?

My original insurance company remove TT from my policy and told me they can not insure totalled RV. I didn't look from other insurance since it's not required for TT in my state and now I have even less value to insure.
My TT does come with 1Y factory roadside service and I confirmed it's still working. The dealer also offer same one year of roadside service. Maybe after that I will think about other options.

falconbrother

North Carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/21 01:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We started out camping in a converted 1977 van. The we got a slide in/cabover camper. Then we got too big for our britches and decided we needed a travel trailer. I found a one year old, salvaged, 1991 Prowler. We went to look at it. It had become detached from the tow vehicle and rolled into a deep ditch. One side was scraped up, a window was broken but, the glass had been replaced, etc.. I bought it and we camped our butts off in that thing for years. We saved a ton of money, which was good because we were young and money was tight.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

protel wrote:

Redone wrote:

My original insurance company remove TT from my policy and told me they can not insure totalled RV. I didn't look from other insurance since it's not required for TT in my state and now I have even less value to insure.
My TT does come with 1Y factory roadside service and I confirmed it's still working. The dealer also offer same one year of roadside service. Maybe after that I will think about other options.

I think you should consider getting a liabilty policy for your salvaged TT.

19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

98coachman

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/14/21 10:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had no problem getting insurance on mine in Idaho. I think I would look elsewhere. Good luck

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/21 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Why would he need a separate liability policy unless required by state or not part of vehicle when in travel?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Still very tempting to buy my totaled TT back
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.