|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
curt12914

Bombay NY (5 miles from Quebec, 15 from Ontario)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/08/21 07:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

At this point, if they can get a truck in (any truck), they have people standing in line to get it.
I ordered my truck in late January and took delivery May 20. It was in a few days before, but I was out of town. The dealer told me a guy offered them a significant amount more than I paid for it, when it was sitting on the lot.

2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 06:52am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kw/00 wrote:

Well, if you have not put any money down then, screaming or escalating at the dealer may not work out so well for you. Sometimes things go crazy on the net. It’s probably just someone who made an honest mistake... going to the dealer and blowing up about it if you plan to ... won’t do anything... just go in a try to hear everything out.. yes if someone deliberately did you wrong then you should be upset, if it’s just a fluke and nobody screwed you over then don’t be upset when it can be fixed... I don’t get why things have to be escalated when it may just be an honest mistake... breath ....

I think the issue is that it may not be fixable. The op put in an order three months ago at an agreed price and now it appears that he either has to start the whole process over with a new delivery and price or take a truck that is not what he wanted.

curt12914

Bombay NY (5 miles from Quebec, 15 from Ontario)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 07:02am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

kw/00 wrote:

Well, if you have not put any money down then, screaming or escalating at the dealer may not work out so well for you. Sometimes things go crazy on the net. It’s probably just someone who made an honest mistake... going to the dealer and blowing up about it if you plan to ... won’t do anything... just go in a try to hear everything out.. yes if someone deliberately did you wrong then you should be upset, if it’s just a fluke and nobody screwed you over then don’t be upset when it can be fixed... I don’t get why things have to be escalated when it may just be an honest mistake... breath ....

I think the issue is that it may not be fixable. The op put in an order three months ago at an agreed price and now it appears that he either has to start the whole process over with a new delivery and price or take a truck that is not what he wanted.

Personally, if I ordered a truck and they changed anything from my original order without consulting me, that would be a deal breaker for me.

I would think that anyone that goes to the bother of ordering a truck has given a lot of thought, and research, to what they want and don't want. If you are going to settle for less, you may as well buy from dealer inventory.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 07:15am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't be so quick to throw the salesman under the bus. Orders are not placed by the salespeople -- they're placed by management. A little common sense tells you that a salesman doesn't get paid until the vehicle is delivered, so where's his incentive to see that it goes anywhere but to his retail buyer? I notice on this forum that people jump on salesmen a lot, and deem them mostly dishonest. Spending 30 years in the automobile business prior to retiring and going into Real Estate in 2012 showed me otherwise.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 07:33am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Don't be so quick to throw the salesman under the bus. Orders are not placed by the salespeople -- they're placed by management. A little common sense tells you that a salesman doesn't get paid until the vehicle is delivered, so where's his incentive to see that it goes anywhere but to his retail buyer? I notice on this forum that people jump on salesmen a lot, and deem them mostly dishonest. Spending 30 years in the automobile business prior to retiring and going into Real Estate in 2012 showed me otherwise.
What's your impression of realtor honesty? My daughter has a low opinion. She has had bad experience after bad experience with realtors. On her recent home purchase the realtor and inspector seemed to be in cahoots and tried everything possible to get her to sign a new contract with less advantageous terms than the one already in place. And now she's found additional rain damage from the bad roof (it was sold as is) that the inspector didn't "find."

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 07:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why assume the salesman and dealer are lying? I don’t assume you are. Dealership wants to make a sale with a happy customer. They can’t if Ford doesn’t build your truck. Ford can’t build trucks without chips which are in very short supply worldwide. Chill.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 07:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

What's your impression of realtor honesty? My daughter has a low opinion. She has had bad experience after bad experience with realtors. On her recent home purchase the realtor and inspector seemed to be in cahoots and tried everything possible to get her to sign a new contract with less advantageous terms than the one already in place. And now she's found additional rain damage from the bad roof (it was sold as is) that the inspector didn't "find."

Oh my, so comparing ONE experience of ONE person trumps 30 years of experience with salespeople? Oh well, guess all Realtors are crooked as well, based on your daughter's experience. BTW, there's a Board of Realtors and a Real Estate Commission in every state. Maybe you should suggest she press the "up" button to escalate matters if these issues are that severe. Dishonesty amongst real estate professionals as well as home inspectors is not taken lightly by the governing bodies. But weren't we talking about car salespeople?

Devo the dog

Moved out of crazy California

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 09:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Haven't bought anything yet [emoticon]

Whoever did this never expected this customer would have access to the order and change records. Now, the tough part is going to getting this straightened out, and possibly even determining who was responsible.

Hopefully you get it straightened out without a big hassle. I was going to order a new 2022 Ford in about the same timeframe but decided to hold off until production is sorted out.

As I far as I know, that might not be until Bye-Don and his looney associates are gone.

The dodge fan boys hate the dodge/ram dealerships. Now that I have owned a Mexican Fiat Oui-Oui (La fiat wee-wee), I understand why.
The only thing more incompetent than Ram is Bye-don and his supporters.

BenK

SF BayArea

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 10:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Feel for you and hope you have a signed contract that also lists a deposit.

Some dealerships will hold the deposit until it arrives, or some will cash it as soon as possible…that would hurt their case in front of any authority

These things are reported all the time and is partially due to uneducated buyer who hasn’t taken the time to learn enough (so they take advantage of them all the time)…but…you are NOT that type from reading your posts over the years..

Wish you the best and won’t have to resort to agency intervention (BBB, State/County legal because you have a contract, etc) and finally bad PR through your local news stations

Good luck !

-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

Groover

Pulaski, TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 10:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Oh my, so comparing ONE experience of ONE person trumps 30 years of experience with salespeople? Oh well, guess all Realtors are crooked as well, based on your daughter's experience. BTW, there's a Board of Realtors and a Real Estate Commission in every state. Maybe you should suggest she press the "up" button to escalate matters if these issues are that severe. Dishonesty amongst real estate professionals as well as home inspectors is not taken lightly by the governing bodies. But weren't we talking about car salespeople?

It is not just one person with one bad experience with one realtor. This isn't the place to discuss that but you seemed to need to know that there is more than one person frustrated with more than one realtor.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.