RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
philh

Belleville MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/08/21 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I put my order in the day the order bank opened on March 15th.

Lot of research put into making sure I get exactly what I wanted, and put the order in as soon as practical, because I have a new 5th wheel due roughly around Sept 1st, and need to be able to tow it.

Not exactly sure who did what, but my retail order was converted to dealer stock and the priority code along with order date were reset to 5/24, and then again to 6/5 when I found the issue. Looking harder at it today, I noticed the color on the truck was also changed. Not sure what else.

I don't expect the salesman to actually tell me the truth, but I'm not a happy camper. Ford marketing phone answerer had no idea how this was changed, dealer salesman feigned innocence. I have my doubts about the dealership that I have previously done business with. My conspiracy laden brain, someone in the dealership wanted to take advantage of my early order for their own purposes.

Tomorrow I'll start escalating in the dealership, as this is BS.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

Senior Member

Joined: 12/18/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/08/21 05:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good ole American service. Sorry this is happening to you.

It reminds me of 2014 when I was looking at a Ford Focus. I wanted to tow 4 down. The salesman said "nope". 3 days later, after I had signed on the dotted line for an Elantra, that nope became a "yes". Too little, too late.

* This post was edited 06/08/21 05:34pm by pianotuna *


Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2017

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/08/21 05:31pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Could be worse, you could be waiting and wondering about a Chevy. [emoticon]

Groover

Pulaski, TN

Senior Member

Joined: 10/17/2007

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/08/21 05:32pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the things that people like about Tesla is that there isn't a dealer involved in the purchase. You fill out your order on-line and all the sales office does is make sure that the legal paperwork is done and teach you how to use the car. I know that a lot of states forbid direct sales but I don't believe that it is for the benefit of the customer.

GDS-3950BH

DC

Senior Member

Joined: 12/08/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/08/21 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

One of the things that people like about Tesla is that there isn't a dealer involved in the purchase. You fill out your order on-line and all the sales office does is make sure that the legal paperwork is done and teach you how to use the car. I know that a lot of states forbid direct sales but I don't believe that it is for the benefit of the customer.



It's also problematic to tow a 5th wheel with a Tesla.

Devo the dog

Moved out of crazy California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/08/2008

View Profile



Posted: 06/08/21 05:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Could be worse, you could be waiting and wondering about a Chevy. [emoticon]

Could be worse than that. He could have bought a ram.

philh

Belleville MI

Senior Member

Joined: 05/11/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/08/21 05:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Devo the dog wrote:

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Could be worse, you could be waiting and wondering about a Chevy. [emoticon]

Could be worse than that. He could have bought a ram.

Haven't bought anything yet [emoticon]

Whoever did this never expected this customer would have access to the order and change records. Now, the tough part is going to getting this straightened out, and possibly even determining who was responsible.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

Senior Member

Joined: 02/12/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/08/21 06:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Could be even more worse... Your truck is built and sitting on a lot somewhere in Kentucky waiting for a computer chip.


'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"200k Mile Club"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"


GDS-3950BH

DC

Senior Member

Joined: 12/08/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/08/21 06:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Devo the dog wrote:

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Could be worse, you could be waiting and wondering about a Chevy. [emoticon]

Could be worse than that. He could have bought a ram.

Haven't bought anything yet [emoticon]

Whoever did this never expected this customer would have access to the order and change records. Now, the tough part is going to getting this straightened out, and possibly even determining who was responsible.


Good luck but they most likely will tell you to pound salt.

kw/00

Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 05/13/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 06/08/21 07:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, if you have not put any money down then, screaming or escalating at the dealer may not work out so well for you. Sometimes things go crazy on the net. It’s probably just someone who made an honest mistake... going to the dealer and blowing up about it if you plan to ... won’t do anything... just go in a try to hear everything out.. yes if someone deliberately did you wrong then you should be upset, if it’s just a fluke and nobody screwed you over then don’t be upset when it can be fixed... I don’t get why things have to be escalated when it may just be an honest mistake... breath ....


A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

 > GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.