|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
curt12914

Bombay NY (5 miles from Quebec, 15 from Ontario)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 11:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BenK wrote:

Feel for you and hope you have a signed contract that also lists a deposit.

Some dealerships will hold the deposit until it arrives, or some will cash it as soon as possible…that would hurt their case in front of any authority

These things are reported all the time and is partially due to uneducated buyer who hasn’t taken the time to learn enough (so they take advantage of them all the time)…but…you are NOT that type from reading your posts over the years..

Wish you the best and won’t have to resort to agency intervention (BBB, State/County legal because you have a contract, etc) and finally bad PR through your local news stations

Good luck !

I have NEVER had to make a deposit on any new vehicle I have ordered.

2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 11:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Devo the dog wrote:

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Could be worse, you could be waiting and wondering about a Chevy. [emoticon]

Could be worse than that. He could have bought a ram.

Haven't bought anything yet [emoticon]

Whoever did this never expected this customer would have access to the order and change records. Now, the tough part is going to getting this straightened out, and possibly even determining who was responsible.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 11:38am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Tomorrow I'll start escalating in the dealership, as this is BS.
I would be cancelling and find a new dealer.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

kw/00

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 02:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

curt12914 wrote:

Groover wrote:

kw/00 wrote:

Well, if you have not put any money down then, screaming or escalating at the dealer may not work out so well for you. Sometimes things go crazy on the net. It’s probably just someone who made an honest mistake... going to the dealer and blowing up about it if you plan to ... won’t do anything... just go in a try to hear everything out.. yes if someone deliberately did you wrong then you should be upset, if it’s just a fluke and nobody screwed you over then don’t be upset when it can be fixed... I don’t get why things have to be escalated when it may just be an honest mistake... breath ....

I think the issue is that it may not be fixable. The op put in an order three months ago at an agreed price and now it appears that he either has to start the whole process over with a new delivery and price or take a truck that is not what he wanted.

Personally, if I ordered a truck and they changed anything from my original order without consulting me, that would be a deal breaker for me.

I would think that anyone that goes to the bother of ordering a truck has given a lot of thought, and research, to what they want and don't want. If you are going to settle for less, you may as well buy from dealer inventory.

Yes Gents I understand, my point is going to the dealer and escalating it is not the way to handle the problem. Absolutely I agree if he orders a truck a certain way then he should get it that way. It’s all in how it’s handled. A lot of times things happen and it’s not always a person doing it deliberately against you. Just reading his post seemed like he was ready to go and throw down with the dealer. Yep I get it, but going there and escalating the situation brings on new problems. If he doesn’t have money down on it then walk away and find someone else to deal with. That’s my take, some times it’s just not worth over a piece of metal with four wheels or maybe 6... anyway good luck OP and let us know what happens.

A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 02:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

philh wrote:

But his problem now is that he is 2 months further from delivery, so he may not get his truck until Oct/Nov instead of July/Aug. He's got a new 5er coming, and I'm guessing nothing to pull it.

Lead time on Super Dutys is way out there right now.

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 241k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lot of interesting phone calls today.

Dealership GM is an idiot, and at the root of the problems. He either read or heard from Ford that retail orders were not being scheduled yet. That is 100% factual. In normal years, retail orders get scheduled after 5 days of problem free production. This is not a normal year... and retail order scheduling started on June 3rd, production starts July 9th.

Idiot GM, decided to do me a favor, and on May 24th moved me from a retail order to dealership stock order. Idiot, because he should have known that would instantly reset the order clock to 5/24. Then when they moved it back to retail order, it reset the clock again.

I have access to all the same systems they do, as well as the product information. Did I mention the GM is an idiot? I'm trying to find the web address to verify my order is still 100% correct, because with all the changes in the record of changes goes on for 25+ pages. I need to see the narrative to confirm what is on my order. What is confusing, one of the changes is color change, and yet, they insist the color is correct.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/09/21 06:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Groover wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Don't be so quick to throw the salesman under the bus. Orders are not placed by the salespeople -- they're placed by management. A little common sense tells you that a salesman doesn't get paid until the vehicle is delivered, so where's his incentive to see that it goes anywhere but to his retail buyer? I notice on this forum that people jump on salesmen a lot, and deem them mostly dishonest. Spending 30 years in the automobile business prior to retiring and going into Real Estate in 2012 showed me otherwise.
What's your impression of realtor honesty? My daughter has a low opinion. She has had bad experience after bad experience with realtors. On her recent home purchase the realtor and inspector seemed to be in cahoots and tried everything possible to get her to sign a new contract with less advantageous terms than the one already in place. And now she's found additional rain damage from the bad roof (it was sold as is) that the inspector didn't "find."

Oh my, so comparing ONE experience of ONE person trumps 30 years of experience with salespeople? Oh well, guess all Realtors are crooked as well, based on your daughter's experience. BTW, there's a Board of Realtors and a Real Estate Commission in every state. Maybe you should suggest she press the "up" button to escalate matters if these issues are that severe. Dishonesty amongst real estate professionals as well as home inspectors is not taken lightly by the governing bodies. But weren't we talking about car salespeople?

It is not just one person with one bad experience with one realtor. This isn't the place to discuss that but you seemed to need to know that there is more than one person frustrated with more than one realtor.

Not the place to discuss it? Then why are YOU discussing it???

Face it, EVERY profession has its legion of people who've had issues with them. Believe it or not, even YOUR past/present profession (I don't even know what it is, but I feel very safe making that statement).

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 06:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wowens79 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

philh wrote:

But his problem now is that he is 2 months further from delivery, so he may not get his truck until Oct/Nov instead of July/Aug. He's got a new 5er coming, and I'm guessing nothing to pull it.

Lead time on Super Dutys is way out there right now.
The date has already moved twice with no explanation. Could be March 2022 the way the current deal is going.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/09/21 10:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Devo the dog wrote:

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Could be worse, you could be waiting and wondering about a Chevy. [emoticon]

Could be worse than that. He could have bought a ram.

[image]

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it!

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/21 02:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Don't be so quick to throw the salesman under the bus. Orders are not placed by the salespeople -- they're placed by management. A little common sense tells you that a salesman doesn't get paid until the vehicle is delivered, so where's his incentive to see that it goes anywhere but to his retail buyer? I notice on this forum that people jump on salesmen a lot, and deem them mostly dishonest. Spending 30 years in the automobile business prior to retiring and going into Real Estate in 2012 showed me otherwise.
What's your impression of realtor honesty? My daughter has a low opinion. She has had bad experience after bad experience with realtors. On her recent home purchase the realtor and inspector seemed to be in cahoots and tried everything possible to get her to sign a new contract with less advantageous terms than the one already in place. And now she's found additional rain damage from the bad roof (it was sold as is) that the inspector didn't "find."
You do realize that a realtor doesn't work for the buyer right?
They work for the seller who pays themfrom the sale proceeds, and signed a contract with them, before any buyer is even on the scene.

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1380watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountryC CD/A 4X4 DRW

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> GRRR Ford Dealer - 2022 SD
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.