|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> RecPro RV A/C

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
CYCLEPATH

East Tawas, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/21 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The unit is made by Houghton, an Australian company. RecPro sells them. The reviews I have seen have been positive. Ford Transit USA had a couple of posts on them. They ship fast, I'll say that.

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/21 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure what to think of the remote control, what if I lose it, smash it, drop it, etc... I am getting pretty old and set in my ways new thinking is sometimes lost on me. I think I'd have a backup at least. JMHO

CYCLEPATH

East Tawas, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/21 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I believe there are controls on the unit.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/21 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nope, no controls on the unit.
You better chain the remote.

CYCLEPATH

East Tawas, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/21 04:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The RecPro, includes a wall caddy for remote, the ceiling unit also has 'touch' panel as CYCLEPATH instructions show.

[image]
"The AC unit has several functions, including cooling, dehumidifying, fan, auto, clock and timer, sleep, and lock.
These can be accessed from the remote control mainly, however, the inner plenum unit has a touch screen
display for using the basic AC features. "

[image]
"The remote that is included with the model allows you to control the temperature and settings of the unit from
the comfort of your couch. Are you worried that you'll lose it? We've thought of that, too. Along with the remote
is a wall carrier for the remote. Simply place it in an easy to reach location and rest the remote in it. The digital
display on the inner plenum unit of the air conditioner allows you to control it without the remote as well,
just in case you really do lose the remote."

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it in?

bigfootford

Fair Oaks, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/21 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks AnEv942 for pointing out the key pad to control the unit without the remote!!

Next thing to know is how it performs with the Honda 2000 at altitude.

Jim

2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Mich 245/70XDS2's, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260,Lifeline 100ah, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Trimetric, Delorme/laptop, Holux gps rec,led lights, Wave-3 heat.

CYCLEPATH

East Tawas, MI

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just finished installing it. But no power to the unit. I have power to the box, and tied in the wires from there to the unit. No indication of power from the about 12" of travel to the unit. The instructions state that there is a connector that you connect the wires to. But the unit has the three wires with the bare ends. I piggy tailed those to the A/C box. I did not see where the other end of the units wires went. They were wrapped in black insulation. I have had enough for today, and will trouble shoot it tomorrow. The breaker didn't pop, no indication of trouble, at least from my untrained eyes. I find it curious that the power doesn't go from A/C box, right next door to the unit.

The installation was straight forward. One of the biggest pains was scrapping the old caulk. I used Dicor leveling sealant to seal the gasket. Except for not working, it looks to be a nice unit. I was working by myself. Thanks.

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CYCLEPATH wrote:

I just finished installing it. But no power to the unit. I have power to the box, and tied in the wires from there to the unit. No indication of power from the about 12" of travel to the unit. The instructions state that there is a connector that you connect the wires to. But the unit has the three wires with the bare ends. I piggy tailed those to the A/C box. I did not see where the other end of the units wires went. They were wrapped in black insulation. I have had enough for today, and will trouble shoot it tomorrow. The breaker didn't pop, no indication of trouble, at least from my untrained eyes. I find it curious that the power doesn't go from A/C box, right next door to the unit.

The installation was straight forward. One of the biggest pains was scrapping the old caulk. I used Dicor leveling sealant to seal the gasket. Except for not working, it looks to be a nice unit. I was working by myself. Thanks.

Great!!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> RecPro RV A/C
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.