|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Roadside Assistance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
RVER

West of Boston, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/14/21 08:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WHO HAVE YOU USED AND BEEN VERY SATISFIED WITH HAVING A CLASS A and needing a tow or need a tire due to a flat and we do not carry a spare. Esp with maybe locked up rear wheel since usually they would tow by lifting front end and tow with rear wheels on the ground. So looking for the best at difficult situations. AND I am looking for best at best dispatching since I once had a situation with the Class A, told dispatch, exactly what the problem was and that it was a Class A motorhome 36ft long and she sent a pickup truck. SO want a good Roadside Assistance company to go with and what it cost you for a year of service. Thanks.

2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

Flute Man

Payson, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 06/14/21 11:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Coach-Net. I’m very happy with them.

Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/21 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only thing I ever used for was keys locked inside. It was Sunday and Coach Net had someone there in 30 min

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 06/15/21 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 40' Prevost has been towed 3 times in the 20 years I owned it by Good Sam without issue, ever.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/21 07:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had good service from Coach-Net over the years, and recently tried the service that Progressive Insurance provides, also with good results. When a previous Class A blew a rear wheel bearing, the tow operator had no problem hooking up from the rear and strapping the steering wheel down to tow it to the service shop.

Good Sam contracts out their roadside service plan, currently to Allstate Motor Club as I recall. Some of their previous contractors haven't been very well rated, but Allstate gets pretty good marks from the towing industry.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

RVER

West of Boston, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/21 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

THANKS I am surprised no one yet has mentioned the roadside assistance from Family Motorcoach that now is Family RVing. I have used Coach-Net before and found them good but they all have gone up in price. USED Good Sam and was not satisfied with them as I mentioned. GOT to call tomorrow.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What hasn't gone up in the past 5 months or so?

wallynm

Los Alamos NM

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had both and COACH NETwins hands down without question.

RVER wrote:

WHO HAVE YOU USED AND BEEN VERY SATISFIED WITH HAVING A CLASS A and needing a tow or need a tire due to a flat and we do not carry a spare. Esp with maybe locked up rear wheel since usually they would tow by lifting front end and tow with rear wheels on the ground. So looking for the best at difficult situations. AND I am looking for best at best dispatching since I once had a situation with the Class A, told dispatch, exactly what the problem was and that it was a Class A motorhome 36ft long and she sent a pickup truck. SO want a good Roadside Assistance company to go with and what it cost you for a year of service. Thanks.

Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

RVER

West of Boston, MA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/21 06:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

COACH-NET was 269 dollars for first year and then drops to $169 afterward. Family Motorcoach now called Family RV I think was $159 for the same thing so went with that, I do have Progressive roadside coverage but did not trust it will cover what these others cover and it only costs about $18. I will report if I have to use it and how they did. THANKS so much, looks like you all like CoachNet and I used to when I used them but they have really gone up in price. Last year I went without anything except the Progressive without realizing it. I thought I had committed to CoachNet but had not, YIKES. THANKS again for all your opinions, appreciate it.

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since FMCA decided to no longer be Family MOTOR COACH Assn., having to pay all that money to be a member of another Good Sam Club forced me to drop my membership after 20+ years. I don't need info on trailers, 5th wheels or anything other than a Class A/C and I sure am not going to pay someone to force that "stuff" into a magazine when I already get that from my Good Sam membership. I also get a discount at nearly every campground with Good Sam but only a few that offer an FMCA discount. FMCA no longer has any value "to me" so signing up for FMCA road service would just be wasting money on the FMCA membership to get the FMCA road service and I have never heard anyone praise the FMCA road service over Good Sam or Coachnet.
CoachNet has gone up how much? Is $199 vs. $250 per year really going to make you change your mind about having good service or being stranded?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Roadside Assistance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.