RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Dehumidifier?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Dehumidifier?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alexey75 wrote:

About dew point, does it mean the windows inside should be about 46-50F, right? Usually we keep the temperature inside about 70F.

I see in general the compressor dehumidifier are more louder than desiccant, no?

No. Dew point is the temperature at which water vapor will condense on a surface. Check with one of the many weather websites until you find one that lists dew point.

Desiccant is quiet, but without a fan.....and really they don't work well where I live.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, soon to have SiO2 batteries, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

smthbros

WI

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pianotuna wrote:

We need to get the surfaces below the dew point.

I am pretty sure you miss-typed. To inhibit condensate formation we need to maintain surface temperature above the dew point. Also, a computer search for 'psychrometric chart' will yield several that allow inputting temperature and relative humidity to determine dew point and grains per pound of moisture in the air.

mobeewan

Hampton, Va

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 12:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alexey75 wrote:

Thanks guys. We open the vents when we take a shower or cooking, but still, every morning all windows covered with water.
About dew point, does it mean the windows inside should be about 46-50F, right? Usually we keep the temperature inside about 70F.

I see in general the compressor dehumidifier are more louder than desiccant, no?

The dew point varies. It is related to the temperature and the amount of humidity in the air at that temperature.

As far as noise it is less than a small window air conditioner running on low.

* This post was edited 06/16/21 12:32pm by mobeewan *

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

smthbros wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

We need to get the surfaces below the dew point.

I am pretty sure you miss-typed. To inhibit condensate formation we need to maintain surface temperature above the dew point. Also, a computer search for 'psychrometric chart' will yield several that allow inputting temperature and relative humidity to determine dew point and grains per pound of moisture in the air.

Thanks for catching that.

I often run an electric heater and the roof air to reduce humidity. So long as I have access to 30 amps of power (for example two 15 amp circuits) that works quickly and well.

JBarca

Radnor, Ohio, USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/21 10:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

alexey75 wrote:

Hello guys,

Snip..

We’re pretty big family, every morning all windows covered with moisture.

This specific model probably not big enough for 28 ft trailer…

I agree with the others, that small dehumidifier will not stop the issue, it is way too small. The larger compressors dehumidifier will help, there are few things I may be able to add that can help not yet mentioned. But need a little more info to make sure we all understand the problem right. And for the campers sake, you need to get the excess humidity issue under control if you plan to keep that camper a long time. I have seen first hand doing roof replacements what lack of moisture control can do inside a typical RV attic.

You are posting this question in June and not winter time, what are the outside temperatures at night when you have this problem?

How big is the family? (how many)

Where are you located that this occurs in June? or what months does it occur?

Do you have access or can you get a Hygrometer? (humidity gauge) One like this or similar that has the last 24 hours hi and low saved on it for both RH (relative humidity)and temp.
https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-Humidity-........0613&qid=1625284354&s=home-garden&sr=1-1

These kinds of issues are normally reported in the winter months when the heat is running inside the camper and it is cold outside.

If we know some more about the above questions, we may be able to help better and all learn something here with this issue in June. If in fact it is happening in June.

Thanks

John

John & Cindy

2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10
CC, SB, Lariat & FX4 package
21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR
Ford Tow Command
1,700# Reese HP hitch & HP Dual Cam
2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver

2004 Sunline Solaris T310SR
(I wish we were camping!)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Dehumidifier?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.