RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Get these teenagers outta here!!! Plus magical buff/wax ;)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Get these teenagers outta here!!! Plus magical buff/wax ;)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/21 09:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Growing up, friends parents did this (much smaller homemade truck camper).

We joked that it was because they wanted to "get busy" but not in front of the kids.

Of course, it made it easy to slip out at night if you wanted to get into some mischief.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

DarkSkySeeker

Freestone, California

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

The key is teaching teens to care for the TT and enforcing the rules.

My experience with teens and twenty-somethings is I get a "wait, what?" half way through the teachings.

There is something special about camping in an RV.

RetiredRealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DarkSkySeeker wrote:

Lwiddis wrote:

The key is teaching teens to care for the TT and enforcing the rules.

My experience with teens and twenty-somethings is I get a "wait, what?" half way through the teachings.

The key is laying down the law to your own kids, as they are better communicators with their friends than we as parents are. Just let them know -- if your friends don't take care of our things, they may no longer come along on our trips. I'd be willing to bet that would do the trick.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/21 12:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

The key is laying down the law to your own kids, as they are better communicators with their friends than we as parents are. Just let them know -- if your friends don't take care of our things, they may no longer come along on our trips. I'd be willing to bet that would do the trick.

Good one...LOL.

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 12:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Good one...LOL.

LOL. I'm not disagreeing with that type of parenting, but I will say the foundation for that needs to be laid LONG before teenage years.......

I guess I'm old fashioned in many ways, but when I was growing up and mom and dad had a MH, the kids slept in tents. But regardless, tent or TT, it's better than having them in the camper with you. [emoticon]

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 01:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Good one...LOL.

LOL. I'm not disagreeing with that type of parenting, but I will say the foundation for that needs to be laid LONG before teenage years.......

I guess I'm old fashioned in many ways, but when I was growing up and mom and dad had a MH, the kids slept in tents. But regardless, tent or TT, it's better than having them in the camper with you. [emoticon]

How old are your kids?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

DarkSkySeeker

Freestone, California

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 03:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

>> the foundation for that needs to be laid
>> LONG before teenage years.......

Agreed

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/21 04:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bionic Man wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Good one...LOL.

How do you lay down the foundation for your kid's friends?

Then again, it seems to be a ***** shoot. I know families where one kid would never dream of breaking the rules but another will do whatever...Good parenting helps but I've yet to come across the foolproof system.

Taxman2436

Holden, MA

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 05:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m at #5 just thinking about it. Great job!

Taxman2436
Holden,MA
2019 Ford F-250 6.7 L Diesel
2021 Salem Hemisphere

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use our enclosed trailer for overflow sleeping if they do not want to use a tent.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Get these teenagers outta here!!! Plus magical buff/wax ;)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.