RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RVing in Mexico and South America: Militarization of Aduanas

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Militarization of Aduanas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And everyone was all gung ho on this one. As you can see by the headlines,

"Militarization of Aduanas . . . And Corruption Increases"

[image]

Companies who import/export are claiming collusion between Aduana officials (military) and the National Guard. This is reported in Reynosa and Matamoros, not sure how many others are having the same problem. And many of us thought the military would save the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And while on the front page of one of Mexico's greatest newspapers, there is an article titled, "Ataca AMLO Clase Media", President Lopez Obrador (AMLO) Now Attacks The Middle-Class. He said and I quote:

"As a member of the middle, upper-middle-class, with a bachelor's degree, a master's degree, or a doctorate, no! It is very difficult to convince educated people of the 4T (Mexico's supposed fourth transformation).

Go on all of you middle-class, you are doing very well, because it is an aspirational attitude, it is to succeed at all costs, to get ahead.

But, unlike the middle classes, he affirmed, the "poor" people internalized well that, by combating corruption, things improve. Because of that, they have begun to receive resources from the government budget. (Welfare)".

Moderator, you can delete the second part, it really doesn't relate to rv directly but gives a good idea of where the country is going and what could be expected in the near future.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/21 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If Mexico would pay its military adequately, the graft could be cleaned up. China’s military is very...profitable.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mexicoruss

Puerto Penasco Sonora Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This seems political to me..maybe just me

Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would be in the US.

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mexicoruss wrote:

This seems political to me..maybe just me

Russ, I agree with you. However, there was a comment or two in the last months about Aduana and the changes to the military making a difference. That was my main point. A warning to rvers that you may get extorted by Aduana officials or those around them. Nothing has really changed.

And as I stated, the second half could be deleted if the moderator felt it need be. Interesting though as many people who rv in Mexico don't keep abreast of the changes going on and a lot of it doesn't appear in Canadian or American newspapers. In one way or another, these changes to a different form of government could affect us, including those who work in the tourist industry.

rocmoc

SouthWest USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/16/21 08:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you Chris, I do find the info/post valuable and useful. Have to take the bad with the good (news).

rocmoc n AZ/Baja

rocmoc n Southern AZ/Mexico

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/21 04:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Informative as an RV traveler in Mexico. We need this type of information.

Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 06:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The "Border" region between countries are some of the most corrupt regions everywhere in the world. Nothing has changed in the last 6 months since the change of shirts worn by officials.

I cross the border frequently, usually pulling a cargo trailer. I have crossed south 5 times this year alone.

My personal experience has been pretty straight forward. Auto-declare, negotiate the tax, pay with credit card, get paperwork and go down the road.

Only once in the last decade was I asked for money,$200USD's, directly by the Aduana officer. This was at the Colombia crossing. I did what I needed to do, negotiate. The officer got his money and AMLO got less money. I got my paperwork and continued on my way.

What else can you do???? Argue with the local "GOD"????

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/21 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Over the years many Mexican Presidents have vowed to do away with border corruption. They fire the entire staff. Change the uniforms from green to blue but nothing really changes. Mexicans are treated worse than tourists. Women remove all their Jewellry to appear much poorer. The Mexicans that have second hand stores in the small villages return from Tucson with pickups and trailers loaded to the brim. Think of Grapes of wrath. They are given a choice. Pay the aduaneros a fee or unload your vehicle and produce a list of the goods with a value.Mexicans caught bringing in liquor have to give the aduaneros half of the bottles. Borders anywhere in the world suck!!

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The people of Mexico are a proud and strong group. No other group I know are as talented and hard working as this group. As with other over populated countries making a buck any time you can is necessary. It would be a step in the right direction if Mexico could reduce the birth rate. Exporting population has never solved the problem. With a reduction in population some of the corruption will be eliminated but not totally eliminated. Greed is worldwide. It will take time.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Militarization of Aduanas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.