RV.Net Open Roads Forum: RVing in Mexico and South America: Militarization of Aduanas

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Militarization of Aduanas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 04:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The chart shows that the population is growing. It would be interesting to see a chart of births by income. I believe that those who can afford children the least have the most.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 05:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was hoping that someone would jump in with real numbers. Thanks!!!

Here in Zihuatanejo, those of the reproductive age seem to pride themselves with limiting themselves to 2 or even better, 1.

Birthrates are an interesting thing to discuss, and I feel that I have a serious vote because I decided, back WAY before it was in style, to not reproduce for a number of reasons.

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With a death rate of 1.35 per 1000 and a birth rate of 2.13 for every woman (child bearing age ?) Mexico has reduced its true birth vs death rate dramatically in the last 20 years.

Talley
There is much to be said about both sides of that decision.

charlestonsouthern

Summerville, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/21 10:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Talleyho, I was a young lady of the 1960s in the US; what was popular then and preached to you was "zero population growth." The birth control pill became popular around 1965, but the mothers sent their girls off to college with a compact of those pills in their purse against the advice of the church. However, parents then required their daughters to go to church colleges for protection and lots of rules, while the sons could go to rough and tumble football colleges. So, there I was at a church school with what was called "contraband" in my purse; very hard to get refills that way!!

In Mexico the church is bound so tightly within the family unit; I would say that the family would think it a sin as per the church if artificial birth control was used within the family. Thus, the likely result would be many, many children which, in turn, among poorer families could perpetuate poverty because of the church's advice on birth control. When a Mexican family immigrates to the US, they bring the church and their practices with them; and, therefore, the sharp increases in the US population are the many children encouraged by the church, baptized as infants, and names entered in the church registry. No need to speak the name of the church denomination; if you know anything about Mexico, you know the name.

bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many believe the real sin is bringing a child into this world who you can't feed, cloth, and house. The pill is no sin compared to that. A child is a long term commitment. If we had 3 children now that we can't feed we would have no business bringing another one into this world. The pill is cheap, effective, and available.

Talleyho69

Playa la Ropa, Zihuatanejo, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Vasectomy is a popular form of contraception among males that already have two children. We have been amazed at the number of men who take advantage of this free service.

Being a curious person, I have asked, over the past number of years, about birth control. It seems as though the most popular choice among females are the injectables, which are free. The pill is not free and is expensive.

The catholic church here is not a huge presence. There is one very small church and one small meeting place/church. That is it. We also have a number of other religions represented including Luz del Mondo and LDS.

All of my comments are based on my own knowledge and I live in the state of Guerrero. Other states and towns may be quite different.

Times change. People are becoming more educated, especially about life choices like the number of children they have and can afford.

Here is an interesting website with numbers: https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/mexico-population/

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 01:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks, Chris for the article.

On viewing Youtube blogs of RVers crossing into Mexico over the past 2 months, I found 3 crossers talking about being extorted at crossing borders, or 20 miles in. One of the Youtubers had a hidden camera inside their RV and recorded the entire harrowing experience. This is anecdotal of course, but seeing it happen on hidden camera, one has to stop or at least hesitate on their RVing plans.

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

playaboy

riviera maya

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 02:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

silversand wrote:

Thanks, Chris for the article.

On viewing Youtube blogs of RVers crossing into Mexico over the past 2 months, I found 3 crossers talking about being extorted at crossing borders, or 20 miles in. One of the Youtubers had a hidden camera inside their RV and recorded the entire harrowing experience. This is anecdotal of course, but seeing it happen on hidden camera, one has to stop or at least hesitate on their RVing plans.

Was that the couple in the Class B RV that had illegal CBD products? She spoke Spanish?

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/18/21 07:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On the same front page on my original post (center), there is an article about another 5 disappearances. So far, 70 people have disappeared into thin air between Km 26 and Nuevo Laredo. Today, the FBI announced their involvement in the search of a mother and two children, Americans, who disappeared on the same 26 km stretch.

For rvers traveling in Mexico, remember the administration's stance, "No confrontation".

Sad to have to say that. Ecuador is looking much better.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Mexico and South America

> Militarization of Aduanas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Mexico and South Amer...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.