|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Bathroom access on the road

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The only concerns I can see are:

1. Opening the slide into something because you weren't thinking when you parked. Like, putting in fuel and oops, need to go, no worries, just jump into the camper put the slide out... straight into Bubba's pride and joy Royal Purple Peterbilt.
2. Someone coming along and clipping the slide while it's out.
3. Forgetting to put the slide back in when you're finished doing your business.
4. Not being able to retract the slide while out on the road. At least when you're at your destination you can drop the camper and leave it there while you seek out a repair. Not so much at a truck stop or on the side of the road.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

stevenal

Newport, OR, USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is it a matter of getting the bathroom door open? The bathroom door on my slideless BF has a hinge down the center to clear the dinette. Perhaps something similar could be ordered on your Adventurer.

'18 Bigfoot 1500
Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It will prob take 5 seconds to get the slide open so you can use. it. This is a subject that isn't worth talking about. What is the big deal about 5 -20 seconds to access a TC. I can open both of my slides in 9 seconds. I open them at the same time. I am always in a hurry but a few seconds is not worth talking about. It takes longer than that to walk into a public rest room. Enjoy all that slide outs offer, and they offer a lot.

2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mkirsch wrote:

1. Opening the slide into something because you weren't thinking when you parked. Like, putting in fuel and oops, need to go, no worries, just jump into the camper put the slide out... straight into Bubba's pride and joy Royal Purple Peterbilt.

My wife used to think I was crazy because I won't open the slide unless she or I are outside watching it. Then one day we saw a mobile repair place helping to lift a slide that got wedged on top of a power pedestal (they probably couldn't see it at all from within the RV, not sure how they didn't hear the crunch before they got the slide fully extended), now she doesn't question me about that any more. The rare times I'm by myself, I go out and force myself to walk past the slide extension area, but when it's the two of us, I make sure one of us is outside watching.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depending on spouses has its limit as well.
Years ago I drove my bus conversion to rv.net rally and was backing up into the site with my DW as a spotter.
I always back up slowly, so when I heard crack, I stopped immediately and inspected that overhead branch crushed my rear roof lights.
DW was chatting with younger forum member.
Took a year for forum jokes to quiet.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 12:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like the dinette would block access to the chitter on the model the OP is talking about.
Simple solution, if putting the slide out for access is an issue (perceived or real) is buy a camper that this is not a limitation.

And, no, there is nothing more to consider. Push button slide goes out. Push button slide goes in.

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

ICamel

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/21 12:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39 wrote:

It will prob take 5 seconds to get the slide open so you can use. it. This is a subject that isn't worth talking about. What is the big deal about 5 -20 seconds to access a TC. I can open both of my slides in 9 seconds. I open them at the same time. I am always in a hurry but a few seconds is not worth talking about. It takes longer than that to walk into a public rest room. Enjoy all that slide outs offer, and they offer a lot.

X2

Yes, I have forgotten to put the slide back in after using the bathroom, but when I check my side view mirror and see the slide out, I have to get back out. Now I just make a mental note when exiting the camper to put the slide in. There are lots of pull outs on the road where there is plenty of room to stop and put the slide out.

This shouldn't be an issue when considering a TC.[emoticon]

ICamel

2017 Arctic Fox 992
2005 Ford F350 Lariat SuperDuty CrewCab 4x4 + 6 Speed Manual + 19.5" Tires + LoadLifter 5000 Rear Air Bags
2005 16' River Wild Drift Boat
Honda EU2000i
Trophytrout FlyFisherman

TxGearhead

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/21 02:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure how slides are usually driven on TC's, but if you have a Schwinteck (sp?) system you don't want to partially open the slide. The gears will become out of time. Open all the way and close all the way.
For us guys, having a 4 door truck can be handy. I've opened both doors, stood between them and let it flow about anywhere. You girls could probably pull it off as well. So to speak.
Then there's always Depends.

2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ICamel wrote:

zb39 wrote:

X2

Yes, I have forgotten to put the slide back in after using the bathroom, but when I check my side view mirror and see the slide out, I have to get back out. Now I just make a mental note when exiting the camper to put the slide in. There are lots of pull outs on the road where there is plenty of room to stop and put the slide out.

This shouldn't be an issue when considering a TC.[emoticon]

I agree, I do that all the time.

mattyj

Long Island.New York

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/21 03:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stevenal wrote:

Is it a matter of getting the bathroom door open? The bathroom door on my slideless BF has a hinge down the center to clear the dinette. Perhaps something similar could be ordered on your Adventurer.
The bathroom is in the front right with a sliding door and no way to get to it without slide out at least partially out

2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs and Stable Loads 2004 Lancelite 835 ,a/c ,electric jacks , conveince/all weather packages

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Bathroom access on the road
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.