RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Sad state of national parks and forests - II

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

 > Sad state of national parks and forests - II

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/18/21 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IDman wrote:

When Donald Trump was President, he donated his annual salary to the Nat'l Park Service. Not a lot of money to the NPS total budget, but nice gesture showing he was aware of their problems.


Indeed a nice gesture. And he added some more of his own from his personal wealth to round it off to $100,00 since it's just $78,000.

I'm not one to tell anyone what to do with their own money, but I would have preferred his administration did not cut $2 billion out of the national parks budget while giving big business $1 trillon in tax cuts that promised economic boom that did not happen.

And a bit of irony, it's when the NPS is asking for funds just to address these maintenance backlogs.

cptqueeg

Idaho

Senior Member

Joined: 04/11/2020

View Profile



Posted: 06/18/21 05:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

IDman wrote:

When Donald Trump was President, he donated his annual salary to the Nat'l Park Service. Not a lot of money to the NPS total budget, but nice gesture showing he was aware of their problems.


Indeed a nice gesture. And he added some more of his own from his personal wealth to round it off to $100,00 since it's just $78,000.

I'm not one to tell anyone what to do with their own money, but I would have preferred his administration did not cut $2 billion out of the national parks budget while giving big business $1 trillon in tax cuts that promised economic boom that did not happen.

And a bit of irony, it's when the NPS is asking for funds just to address these maintenance backlogs.


3 card monte......wish people would learn.

$750.00, that's seven hundred and fifty dollars, in federal taxes for a YEAR.

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

Senior Member

Joined: 08/06/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 06/19/21 02:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cptqueeg wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

IDman wrote:

When Donald Trump was President, he donated his annual salary to the Nat'l Park Service. Not a lot of money to the NPS total budget, but nice gesture showing he was aware of their problems.


Indeed a nice gesture. And he added some more of his own from his personal wealth to round it off to $100,00 since it's just $78,000.

I'm not one to tell anyone what to do with their own money, but I would have preferred his administration did not cut $2 billion out of the national parks budget while giving big business $1 trillon in tax cuts that promised economic boom that did not happen.

And a bit of irony, it's when the NPS is asking for funds just to address these maintenance backlogs.


3 card monte......wish people would learn.

$750.00, that's seven hundred and fifty dollars, in federal taxes for a YEAR.


Yes and presidential salary is $400,000 not $78,000. Plus $50,000 for expenses.

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2017

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/21/21 02:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RambleOnNW wrote:

cptqueeg wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

IDman wrote:

When Donald Trump was President, he donated his annual salary to the Nat'l Park Service. Not a lot of money to the NPS total budget, but nice gesture showing he was aware of their problems.


Indeed a nice gesture. And he added some more of his own from his personal wealth to round it off to $100,00 since it's just $78,000.

I'm not one to tell anyone what to do with their own money, but I would have preferred his administration did not cut $2 billion out of the national parks budget while giving big business $1 trillon in tax cuts that promised economic boom that did not happen.

And a bit of irony, it's when the NPS is asking for funds just to address these maintenance backlogs.


3 card monte......wish people would learn.

$750.00, that's seven hundred and fifty dollars, in federal taxes for a YEAR.


Yes and presidential salary is $400,000 not $78,000. Plus $50,000 for expenses.


And while it may not be nearly enough, look at what the other party has actually given from their own pockets, from Obama, to SlowJoe to Harris, NONE give as much as Trump did. You may not like him, but from a personal standpoint, he has done/donated more than any others for the last 30 years.

RambleOnNW

Pacific Northwest

Senior Member

Joined: 08/06/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 06/21/21 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:



And while it may not be nearly enough, look at what the other party has actually given from their own pockets, from Obama, to SlowJoe to Harris, NONE give as much as Trump did. You may not like him, but from a personal standpoint, he has done/donated more than any others for the last 30 years.


You’ve got things entirely backwards.

The truth


2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

cptqueeg

Idaho

Senior Member

Joined: 04/11/2020

View Profile



Posted: 06/21/21 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

RambleOnNW wrote:

cptqueeg wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

IDman wrote:

When Donald Trump was President, he donated his annual salary to the Nat'l Park Service. Not a lot of money to the NPS total budget, but nice gesture showing he was aware of their problems.


Indeed a nice gesture. And he added some more of his own from his personal wealth to round it off to $100,00 since it's just $78,000.

I'm not one to tell anyone what to do with their own money, but I would have preferred his administration did not cut $2 billion out of the national parks budget while giving big business $1 trillon in tax cuts that promised economic boom that did not happen.

And a bit of irony, it's when the NPS is asking for funds just to address these maintenance backlogs.


3 card monte......wish people would learn.

$750.00, that's seven hundred and fifty dollars, in federal taxes for a YEAR.


Yes and presidential salary is $400,000 not $78,000. Plus $50,000 for expenses.


And while it may not be nearly enough, look at what the other party has actually given from their own pockets, from Obama, to SlowJoe to Harris, NONE give as much as Trump did. You may not like him, but from a personal standpoint, he has done/donated more than any others for the last 30 years.



Wow......


"The Bidens paid about $3.7 million and $1.5 in taxes for 2017 and 2018, respectively — about a third of their adjusted gross income. They gave roughly $1 million and $275,000 to charity in 2017 and 2018, respectively."



Compared w $750.00??????

SMH

toedtoes

California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/17/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/21/21 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think we've gotten off topic. Before this thread gets shut down could we back off the discussion of presidential merits and get back to the national parks?


1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/22/21 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree! (Even if posts so far are factual as far as I know).

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

Senior Member

Joined: 08/23/2017

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/22/21 01:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cptqueeg wrote:

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

RambleOnNW wrote:

cptqueeg wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

IDman wrote:

When Donald Trump was President, he donated his annual salary to the Nat'l Park Service. Not a lot of money to the NPS total budget, but nice gesture showing he was aware of their problems.


Indeed a nice gesture. And he added some more of his own from his personal wealth to round it off to $100,00 since it's just $78,000.

I'm not one to tell anyone what to do with their own money, but I would have preferred his administration did not cut $2 billion out of the national parks budget while giving big business $1 trillon in tax cuts that promised economic boom that did not happen.

And a bit of irony, it's when the NPS is asking for funds just to address these maintenance backlogs.


3 card monte......wish people would learn.

$750.00, that's seven hundred and fifty dollars, in federal taxes for a YEAR.


Yes and presidential salary is $400,000 not $78,000. Plus $50,000 for expenses.


And while it may not be nearly enough, look at what the other party has actually given from their own pockets, from Obama, to SlowJoe to Harris, NONE give as much as Trump did. You may not like him, but from a personal standpoint, he has done/donated more than any others for the last 30 years.



Wow......


"The Bidens paid about $3.7 million and $1.5 in taxes for 2017 and 2018, respectively — about a third of their adjusted gross income. They gave roughly $1 million and $275,000 to charity in 2017 and 2018, respectively."



Compared w $750.00??????

SMH


Double check yourself
https://spectator.org/joe-biden-tax-returns-charity-donations-2019/

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/22/21 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:


Double check yourself
https://spectator.org/joe-biden-tax-returns-charity-donations-2019/


You should have gotten the advice yourself,

Quote: "The American Spectator is a conservative magazine... article published...Dinesh D'Souza, Laura Ingraham..."

That's sure is credible.[emoticon]

And please, can we get back to the topic of the state of national parks, or the related budget for it?

Surely you've visited one lately -- if you are still into camping.[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

 > Sad state of national parks and forests - II
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.