RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Original Mobley Obsolete?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Original Mobley Obsolete?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
MrWizard

Traveling

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/21 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I downloaded the AT&T supported phone list
Page 7, the last page , lists the hotspot devices that will be supported, the ZTE Mobley model VM6200
Is not on the list
The unite explore AC851S aka Netgear 8155 for AT&T
Is on that list, this is the device my Mobley SIM is in,
The device/Hotspot I'm connected to right now
It seems the best option to keep a Mobley account going,
Is to get puc (SIM unlock code) from AT&T , unlock the sim and move the SIM to a supported Hotspot device

[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

To the OP
Thanks for calling attention to this
Users now have have time to replace the device or wait until Feb 2022 and drop the Mobley service account
AT&T does have a 100gig hotspot data account for $55, that would fill the need for many users

* This post was edited 06/19/21 06:13pm by MrWizard *

I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using Verizon and AT&T
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

NamMedevac 70

Reno

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/21 07:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for that important to me information Mr. Wizard. I will follow your advice before cutoff date. Cheers to you.

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/21 11:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had the Netgear 815S that uses my Mobley SIM set to "4G and LTE only" since the first of the year and haven't had any connection problems even when on busy towers where speeds noticeably slowed down. My only concern with the 3G drop will be whether AT&T could use it as an opportunity to drop the Connected Car plan entirely. It does appear that AT&T is using the same Connected Car plan for the current "Harman Spark" OBDII device they used for the Mobley, so I expect our Mobley devices/SIMs will continue to work.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/21 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MrWizard wrote:

Three days ago I signed up for & ordered the T-mobile wireless home internet, unlimited data no throttling...

My T-Mobile home internet has been consistently 5G, though speeds can vary. I'm thinking due to periods of high tower usage. Amazing considering the 5G map shows that the closest tower is a couple of miles away. Though likely intermediate antennas located nearby my location but not indicated? [emoticon] Still easily fast enough to stream 4K video at the slowest speeds I've seen. Haven't personally done so yet.

I picked up my free 4G/5G T-Mobile router at a company retail store, though have been told that limited stores have them in stock at this time. So better to call ahead to check availability if that's where you want to get one.

Speed test just now with T-Mobile router signal strength indicated as 3/5 bars (Good):

[image]

TenOC

On the road -- Full time

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/21 05:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1492 wrote:

I picked up my free 4G/5G T-Mobile router at a company retail store, though have been told that limited stores have them in stock at this time. So better to call ahead to check availability if that's where you want to get one.

More information on the free 4G/5G router please. Model number???

Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/21 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

T-Mobile 5G router is a Nokia brand using the newest WiFi 6, 2-Ethernet ports, and a phone port. You can set SSID, passwords, admin credentials, manage connections, and monitor tower stats from smartphone app.

Just remember T-Mobile home internet is not for travel. It's based on a fixed address.

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 11:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1492 wrote:

T-Mobile 5G router is a Nokia brand using the newest WiFi 6, 2-Ethernet ports, and a phone port. You can set SSID, passwords, admin credentials, manage connections, and monitor tower stats from smartphone app.

Just remember T-Mobile home internet is not for travel. It's based on a fixed address.

Note on - "check for availability":

A T-Mobile store can check for you if the *home* internet is available in your area based on your zip code.

If it is not - they will put you on an e-mail notification list for *when* it becomes available.

In my So. CA zip code it is not yet available. No clue if the "roll out" is based on geography, population - or both.

[emoticon]

cooperwl

Springfield MO USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/21/21 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone had success getting the PUK codes for a Mobley SIM lately?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Original Mobley Obsolete?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.