RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: ENDURANCE Tire Life

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > ENDURANCE Tire Life

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Mike134

Elgin, IL

Senior Member

Joined: 11/20/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/20/21 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't be concerned about "only" having 1/4" of tread. 95% of your truck tires only have that much usable tread depth. New 10/32" worn out 2/32"


2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/20/21 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think the tread compound will make all the difference.


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

Senior Member

Joined: 09/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 06/20/21 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mike134 wrote:

Don't be concerned about "only" having 1/4" of tread. 95% of your truck tires only have that much usable tread depth. New 10/32" worn out 2/32"

I've yet to find a premium 16" or 17" or 18" or 20" LT like we use on trucks/trailers with only 8/32nds of tread depth.

I do see a few LT tires with 11-12/32nds and thicker tread depth but most of the premium 16" LT E tires we use on our trailers run in the 13 to 15/32nds range. ?
Running tread depths like that gets 60k-70k miles a set on my equipment trailers with LT235/85-16 E.
WE don't see that kind of mileage with a tire with only 1/4" of usable tread depth on service trailers.


"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/20/21 04:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It would be interesting to know the reason for designing this tire with 1/4" tread.

It doesn't bother me as they will be 7-8 years old before wearing to a point i will replace them. At that time i will most likely feel I got my moneys worth.

* This post was edited 06/20/21 09:06pm by Cummins12V98 *

Mike134

Elgin, IL

Senior Member

Joined: 11/20/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/20/21 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

Mike134 wrote:

Don't be concerned about "only" having 1/4" of tread. 95% of your truck tires only have that much usable tread depth. New 10/32" worn out 2/32"

I've yet to find a premium 16" or 17" or 18" or 20" LT like we use on trucks/trailers with only 8/32nds of tread depth.

I do see a few LT tires with 11-12/32nds and thicker tread depth but most of the premium 16" LT E tires we use on our trailers run in the 13 to 15/32nds range. ?
Running tread depths like that gets 60k-70k miles a set on my equipment trailers with LT235/85-16 E.
WE don't see that kind of mileage with a tire with only 1/4" of usable tread depth on service trailers.


https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-defender-ltx-m-s

I stand corrected 10.5/32" new tread depth, worn out at 2/32" so 1/64" more than just 1/4" usable tread depth.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 06/20/21 05:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To be fair, the Endurance doesn't have 1/4" usable tread depth, since it starts out at 1/4". Unless you're going to use it til it's bald.


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/04/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/20/21 05:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Zero issues with our Endurance tires on our Toy Hauler. Have a hand full of desert trips totalling about 300 miles each and a handful of camping trips at 100 miles round trip. Worth every penny in my book.


1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler


JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

Senior Member

Joined: 09/14/2003

View Profile



Posted: 06/20/21 08:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Point is the C/D/E Endurance works fine for most RV folks who will never wear the tire out before it times out.
Others, myself included, need a C/D/E tire that will make it 50k-60k miles in that 6-7 year period which takes a tire with 13-15/32nds of tread depth.

Very few rv folks mention miles of service....just years they lasted with lots of good tread left before they timed out with cracks and age checking on the sidewalls and between the tread.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 06/20/21 09:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

To be fair, the Endurance doesn't have 1/4" usable tread depth, since it starts out at 1/4". Unless you're going to use it til it's bald.


I am.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 06/22/21 07:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

To be fair, the Endurance doesn't have 1/4" usable tread depth, since it starts out at 1/4". Unless you're going to use it til it's bald.


I am.


IMO ,thats the only way you would get your moneys worth out of Goodyear Endurance, that and run them in a lighter application, not the heavier fifth wheels .

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > ENDURANCE Tire Life
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.