|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Check those prices

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/21 08:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went out to buy oil filter, oil and fuel filters for my F350 and got the price of $178 at a national auto parts store who I suspect can not be named here but who has initials of AA. The major markup wos for the motorcraft fuel filters, $120 or so. I knew it could be had for $50 on Amazon so I refused to buy it. Actually you can get one for $25 on Amazon if you trust your engine to a chinese no name, which I do not. Ordered and had by noon the next day.
So watch those prices. I think this happened once before but I've been buying from Amazon mostly.

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2012 Ford F-350 4WD Lariat 6.7L
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/19/21 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get a Mobile 1 oil filter for $15, Wix fuel filter for $72, and 10 qts of Rotella T4 oil for $52 for a grand total of $139. That's at a local chain auto parts store.

I do buy too much stuff at Amazon and the more I learn who Jeff Bezos is the less I want to give him my money.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 06/19/21 10:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The thing that would make me hesitate to buy oil filters from Amazon is their propensity to mix phony knockoffs and genuine articles in their inventory. And the company really doesn't seem to care, as it's been going on for years. For a lot of products it doesn't matter too much, but an oil filter is pretty critical to a (very expensive) engine.

I'd sooner go to WM; they tend to have about the same prices as Amazon on most stuff.

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/21 04:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why would the Mods care if you named Advance Auto? People pound CW on here all the time and they own the place.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

#1Flyboy

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/21 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I get the OEM Delco oil & air filters from AMAZON; the cabin air filters get dirty so quickly that I get the CHEAPEST & change frequently…

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/21 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

Why would the Mods care if you named Advance Auto? People pound CW on here all the time and they own the place.

Apparently they don't but I've come across deleted posts where you can just see the title that were seemingly complaining about some vendor

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/21 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My water pump on my Mercedes failed. What a story. Anyway at Auto Zone it was $198. I got the the manufacturers name and googled it and got the exact same water pump for $40 delivered in 2 days. Water pump failed because of a small bolt caught in the impeller. I have owned this car since new and have no idea how that bolt got there, none.

J&R

jefferson,ga

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/21 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fleetfilter has been good. Most times comes as NAPA Gold filters, wix product.

Ron & Joanne 06 Revolution LE 40E

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/21 08:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dieselfilters on line out of NJ is where I get mine from Good prices and fast service! Few years back during a -20* cold snap, my 350 jelled up. Local dealer was booked but said to go to their sister dealer who sold Lincolns. They quoted me close to 500 bucks for diagnosis and new filter. Told them to pound salt. Got a new fuel filter at that time from NAPA for 100 bucks (stealer wanted 150). On line from NJ.........$50 bucks.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/21 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've found that price differential quite a bit on different car parts.

Rock Auto is another good source.

That said, the brick and mortar stores do have overhead costs they have to pay (salary, rent, electric etc..). Amazon does too of course, but the scaling is different.

Was that $120 after the 20% off coupon you can routinely find online?

As far as Amazon switching to inferior/knock off parts, I've never seen that happen unless they paint them up to look like the real deal. Not saying it doesn't happen, I just haven't seen it.

I try to support my local AA store, especially if I need/want it today and they have it. After all, if online takes over the world, the local stores will be gone.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Check those prices
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.