RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Looks like electric trucks and RVs may be delayed...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Looks like electric trucks and RVs may be delayed...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 07:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VE3ESN wrote:

How come there are so many crooks in the electric vehicle sector?

There is an estimated $60 BILLION lost in Medicare fraud each year. Not to mention pretty much every other business or organization in America, and world wide. Why single out EV as full of crooks? Because it is the current target of opposition by so many nay sayers? It is a mere drop in the bucket.

blaczero

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Home Skillet wrote:

Elon, welfare king.

I can't take anything in that article seriously with that amount of bias.

What happened to journalism? We are left with activists.

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 07:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BB_TX wrote:

VE3ESN wrote:

There is an estimated $60 BILLION lost in Medicare fraud each year. Not to mention pretty much every other business or organization in America, and world wide. Why single out EV as full of crooks? Because it is the current target of opposition by so many nay sayers? It is a mere drop in the bucket.

Everyone wants a "free ride".

EVs are the new "free ride" event and people are blindly throwing bucket fulls of many into any company that randomly pops up with slick marketing hype that tickles the ears pleasurably.

So, everyone who hears, believes EVs will give them 100% free driving, totally void of environmentally damaging pollution, totally void of taxes, totally void of cost of refilling all due to extremists agendas and pushed by over advertising marketing hype.

However, not everyone (like the OP or myself) believes EVs are going to deliver 100% free driving, totally void of environmentally damaging pollution, totally void of cost of refilling..

EVs are not 100% free of anything, they are not going to "save the world", they will be taxed and the cost to refill them will not only skyrocket but increase the cost of electricity around the globe and create more blackouts and brownouts in the process.

EV folks love to ignore the fact that generating, controlling and delivering electricity is not a "free event", the more you use the larger the infrastructure must get and the larger the costs to maintaining that infrastructure will be and the larger the pollution output.

Enjoy your "free ride" today, in the future, you might find yourself needing to carry a pedal bicycle around as a backup system to your EV car.

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blaczero wrote:

Home Skillet wrote:

Elon, welfare king.

After the ProPublica release of the tax data on Musk, Bezos and the others, does anything from the article seem dishonest? If bias is all it takes to disregard an article, then the Times, CNN and all the other networks must also be similarily disregarded.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Am I the only one that feels the American public is just not ready for an influx of totally-electric vehicles? Maybe I'm old school, and prefer things to run at a bit slower and more methodical pace, but what would be wrong with embracing the hybrid technology that already (quite successfully) have in place? That way I don't have to worry about planning any long trip based on the fact that I've got to find a charging station in XX miles, and I've got to spend a good amount of time at that charging station waiting for my vehicle to charge. I'd like to see hybrids as the next step, then eventually totally electric. And, I'm referring to hybrids like the Prius and Camry hybrid -- not the joke of all joke hybrids like the Cadillac Escalade hybrid a few years ago.

No, you're just a realist. As opposed to the vocal group of retired yuppie, wannbe hippie, dreamers on this forum, who are so intentionally vocal and self-proclaimed "experts."

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 09:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gdetrailer wrote:

BB_TX wrote:

VE3ESN wrote:

Everyone wants a "free ride".

EVs are the new "free ride" event and people are blindly throwing bucket fulls of many into any company that randomly pops up with slick marketing hype that tickles the ears pleasurably.

So, everyone who hears, believes EVs will give them 100% free driving, totally void of environmentally damaging pollution, totally void of taxes, totally void of cost of refilling all due to extremists agendas and pushed by over advertising marketing hype.

However, not everyone (like the OP or myself) believes EVs are going to deliver 100% free driving, totally void of environmentally damaging pollution, totally void of cost of refilling..

EVs are not 100% free of anything, they are not going to "save the world", they will be taxed and the cost to refill them will not only skyrocket but increase the cost of electricity around the globe and create more blackouts and brownouts in the process.

EV folks love to ignore the fact that generating, controlling and delivering electricity is not a "free event", the more you use the larger the infrastructure must get and the larger the costs to maintaining that infrastructure will be and the larger the pollution output.

Enjoy your "free ride" today, in the future, you might find yourself needing to carry a pedal bicycle around as a backup system to your EV car.

Well said, GDE.

Mickeyfan0805

SE Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/21 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

Am I the only one that feels the American public is just not ready for an influx of totally-electric vehicles? Maybe I'm old school, and prefer things to run at a bit slower and more methodical pace, but what would be wrong with embracing the hybrid technology that already (quite successfully) have in place? That way I don't have to worry about planning any long trip based on the fact that I've got to find a charging station in XX miles, and I've got to spend a good amount of time at that charging station waiting for my vehicle to charge. I'd like to see hybrids as the next step, then eventually totally electric. And, I'm referring to hybrids like the Prius and Camry hybrid -- not the joke of all joke hybrids like the Cadillac Escalade hybrid a few years ago.

They do seem to be leapfrogging that tech in some ways. We've had a Ford C-Max hybrid for almost 9 years and have been very happy with it. The tech in the larger vehicles seems to have been less ideal, and they never really pursued better options.

For me, you hit on the crux of the matter for many. The infrastructure and range are huge hurdles for general adoption at this point. Until and unless recharging on the road is as simple as gassing up, there will still be a large portion of society that won't make the shift. Add in the issues of increased electric usage and strain on the grid, and we have some substantial steps to take before this becomes the new normal.

We've talked about the possibility of going electric for DW's next vehicle, but we'd still have mine to handle other needs. We'd never consider being completely without an IC engine right now.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blaczero wrote:

Home Skillet wrote:

Elon, welfare king.

Journalism? I think most of history has been written by people that had a agenda.
My education is limited, but early I worked with men that went to 1 room schools. Later many that I worked with came from "separate but equal" days. But back then, we might work to read a story, but we could discuss without getting mad. And most of them where much better at critical thinking than even most are today.

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/21 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

No, you're just a realist. As opposed to the vocal group of retired yuppie, wannbe hippie, dreamers on this forum, who are so intentionally vocal and self-proclaimed "experts."

One of the most vocal of them just announced his departure.

As for the thoughts on the infrastructure, hopefully we're inching our way towards a more honest discussion of all the pros & cons of energy sources. I'm looking forward to the day when we can finally be honest and unbiased enough to openly discuss nuclear power again (or "nucular", as the stuffed shirts say).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

wanderingaimlessly

Buggs Island lake

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/21 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I will point out, there is a side of me that welcomes the Cybertruck and other EV tow or recreational vehicles. Because for the foreseeable future, those schmucks will be tethered to their urban facilities, freeing up the really valuable places, well outside urban squalor, for the ones with vehicles not limited by their extension cords.
An example, Yellowstone has put in Tesla superchargers, six cat 2 chargers that take 4 hours to fully charge a model S, who knows how long for a truck, meaning they can handle 36 cars a day, at most, and that's IF the uncaring arse driving it doesn't leave his car there for two extra hours before coming back to move it for the next urban dweller to slide into the spot.
With Yellowstone bringing in 17,500 visitors a day as of last June, EV's will be 36 carloads, ,,,,, that works.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Looks like electric trucks and RVs may be delayed...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.