RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Looks like electric trucks and RVs may be delayed...

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Looks like electric trucks and RVs may be delayed...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/21/21 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Don't worry, the Tesla Cyber truck is on the way, supposedly.
Yea, right behind their semi.[emoticon]

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 05:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

WOW< SO MUCH TO WORK WITH,,,, For starters, look at my post right above yours, obviously your did not prior to your spiel.
There still is no reason the ev drivers cant pay toward road taxes, The same states with the most restrictive rules otherwise ALSO have the most INSPECTION RULES. Mileage CAN be verified during that inspection, and add on taxes charged at the next license renewal.
AS to catering to the URBAN CROWD, why should the Government ONLY GOVERN FOR THEM?
if the majority of the roads are rural, if the majority of the nation is rural, shouldnt the majority of the rules be designed for them?
AND did you ever hear of folks in rural areas DEMANDING urban folks live the way rural folks want them to?
But the Urban bunch has no such inhibitions against demanding people in NON URBAN areas live their way.
There has to be balance, and so far,,,,,, It is all slanted ONE WAY. interesting add on to your comment about the government helping the most,,,,, EV's still represented ONLY8.3% of vehicles sold nationwide. SO again, why cater to the few and not the many??????

Yes, I did ignore your post. Reading it, you proved the EV would not work for you at this time, with currant infrastructure But that does not prove a EV will not work for most people. It does not prove that by the time you put another 100k on the car the EV range will not be improved, or charging station at Dr office would not make it posable, or even better.
In the early days of the auto, or even earlier, bicycle, the rural areas preferred to stay with horses because roads where not available, let alone gasoline. Of course, at that time when you said "rural" you where most likely to be talking about somebody that was involved in agriculture. Now, looking at highways morning and afternoons, and driving back roads, a large percentage of "rural" residents commute into the urban areas to earn their money.
As for rural never forcing their life choices on urban areas. I could show that false, but the easiest point would involve discussing the L shaped things that trigger more controversy.

Bobbo wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

Most have their panties in a wad because government is helping to start the EV industry.

Nobody would care if it truly WAS "helping to start the EV industry." The problem is that governments are MANDATING BEVs by a certain date. Subsidize the EV manufacturers all you want, but reverse the requirements for all EV by 2030 or 2035, or whatever year they choose. Have you not noticed that California has banned the sale of new fossil fuel cars by 2035?

For at least 50 years, science has been warning us that fuel consumption patterns must change. But we did not start when gradual changes could of prevented most problems.
If you don't want to have a EV, do like some in the trucking industry are doing; Buy a ICE car as late as you can, take care of it, and you can be burning dead dinosaurs well into the 2050s

blaczero

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 07:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blaczero wrote:

Home Skillet wrote:

Elon, welfare king.

I can't take anything in that article seriously with that amount of bias.

What happened to journalism? We are left with activists.

After the ProPublica release of the tax data on Musk, Bezos and the others, does anything from the article seem dishonest? If bias is all it takes to disregard an article, then the Times, CNN and all the other networks must also be similarily disregarded.

The point is most of these outlets insist they aren't bias.

I suffer no delusions about how corrupt and evil corporations become, the point would be if we as a people refuse to accept it. Right now it seems if we agree with the bias we're ok with it.

Anyway, I agree with a lot of the people here posting that selective outrage is going on here. Bottom line though, does the end justify the means? Will we end up with an electric motor home or tow vehicle that has reasonable range? If we do, is it worth the immoral and unethical behavior? We put up with this behavior daily, with plenty of other companies.

EYEMLOST

See Above

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lwiddis wrote:

Since a number of California power companies are begging us not to charge the electric vehicles we have now during this heat wave, I’ve lost much of my enthusiasm for EVs.

I love it when liberalism clashes with itself. [emoticon]

My schadenfreude runneth over! [emoticon]

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/21 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

gbopp wrote:

Don't worry, the Tesla Cyber truck is on the way, supposedly.
Yea, right behind their semi.[emoticon]
Right behind.... Roadster I, Model S, Model X, Powerwall, Model 3, Model Y, Solar Roof, Giga Factory 1, 2, 3, 4.

Especially behind Giga 4 because that is needed to actually build these vehicles. In progress if you want to drive to TX and check it out.

I think we are still waiting for the Teslaquila too [emoticon]

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Timmo!

Oregon

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/21 10:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Manufacturing costs (financially and environmentally) will always be greater with BEVs (period).

"End of life" (aka recycling) societal costs will always be greater with BEVs (period).

When it comes to ICE vehicles, drilling for oil is always BAD and discouraged by environmentalists.

When it comes to BEVs, drilling for oil and destructive mining for rare chemical compounds is always GOOD and encouraged by environmentalists.

Hmmm....I am reminded of these words sung by the Yardbirds half a century ago...

Do you think in all things
the majority is right?
That men with individuality
should never fight?

Then mister you're a better man than I....

(Formerly known as SPRey)
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/21 10:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Bobbo wrote:

JRscooby wrote:

Most have their panties in a wad because government is helping to start the EV industry.

Nobody would care if it truly WAS "helping to start the EV industry." The problem is that governments are MANDATING BEVs by a certain date. Subsidize the EV manufacturers all you want, but reverse the requirements for all EV by 2030 or 2035, or whatever year they choose. Have you not noticed that California has banned the sale of new fossil fuel cars by 2035?

For at least 50 years, science has been warning us that fuel consumption patterns must change. But we did not start when gradual changes could of prevented most problems.
If you don't want to have a EV, do like some in the trucking industry are doing; Buy a ICE car as late as you can, take care of it, and you can be burning dead dinosaurs well into the 2050s

And exactly what does that have to do with the difference between subsidies and mandates?

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/21 10:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmo! wrote:

Manufacturing costs (financially and environmentally) will always be greater with BEVs (period).

"End of life" (aka recycling) societal costs will always be greater with BEVs (period).
Let me know when "End of Life" on an ICE also includes removing the pollutants and CO2 emitted over the 20 year life of refining the petrol and burning it.

wanderingaimlessly

Shelby Forest state park

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 11:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ah, but scooby, nobody is telling anyone they MUST buy the "L" shaped things. And therein lies the difference. Rural folks tend to be more independent, they prefer freedom to attend to many of their own affairs, and to make their own choices.
The urban side tends to rely on others to do most things for them, from reliance on transit, to maintaining everything in their daily lives. Loss of electrical service in a large city shuts everything down, at my home, and most neighbors, its a minor inconvenience.
I dont object to tech, I have solar at home and on my RV, I also have a generator in both. I will use tech where it is reasonable, but I try to remain independent enough to at least for limited periods of time to be able to meet my own needs.
To require an EV disrupts that independence. Some dont mind the loss of independence, if it offers convenience. But as an example, the classic LA getaway to Vegas for a weekend, to drive a Tesla MAY be possible but at 270 miles , especially if you run the AC, you will be pushing the envelope. Even a Hybrid fixes the problem. That is and should be their choice. But they should not attempt to force it upon others.

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/21 11:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ah, but scooby, nobody is telling anyone they MUST buy the "L" shaped things. And therein lies the difference. Rural folks tend to be more independent, they prefer freedom to attend to many of their own affairs, and to make their own choices.
The urban side tends to rely on others to do most things for them, from reliance on transit, to maintaining everything in their daily lives. Loss of electrical service in a large city shuts everything down, at my home, and most neighbors, its a minor inconvenience.
I dont object to tech, I have solar at home and on my RV, I also have a generator in both. I will use tech where it is reasonable, but I try to remain independent enough to at least for limited periods of time to be able to meet my own needs.
To require an EV disrupts that independence. Some dont mind the loss of independence, if it offers convenience. But as an example, the classic LA getaway to Vegas for a weekend, to drive a Tesla MAY be possible but at 270 miles , especially if you run the AC, you will be pushing the envelope. Even a Hybrid fixes the problem. That is and should be their choice. But they should not attempt to force it upon others.

Very well said!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Looks like electric trucks and RVs may be delayed...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.