RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: My prediction for the future..

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> My prediction for the future..

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/21 04:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mr_andyj wrote:

I gave a very insightful reply yesterday, but the moderator is a liberal I assume and does not like anyone who has read the ingredients in the "shot" including mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde, micro magnets and other , many other toxins. My comment was, dont take the jab! This will soon be deleted too. RV net is a communist CCP propaganda site I guess...

You're wrong, you're wrong, you're a nutjob, and you're wrong. And by the way, you're a nutjob (and you're wrong).

I'm leaving this one nutty post of yours and the responses because I'm in a good mood. Plus sometimes it's fun to watch weirdos expose themselves.

Let's not make a habit of this though, ok?

Quote:

RV net is a communist CCP propaganda site I guess...

Then why do you even bother?

Because you're nuts?

Just to address my politics though (because it seems to come up pretty often)...

For starters, my politics really aren't anybody's business. My role is to call balls & strikes.

I've been called both a "lib" and a "Trump guy". Whatever.

This forum seems to run slightly right of center, which I suppose makes sense for an RVing group. It's pretty evenly balanced though, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I've observed a common thread over the years though, and I can't say I've ever seen the trend broken.

I've served here during two Bush terms, two Obama terms, a Trump term, and now a Biden term. The common thread seems to be a displeasure with our government establishment.

The posts seem to push back against whoever is in office. During republican terms, we have to delete more posts that are bashing conservatives and during democrat terms we delete more posts that are bashing liberals. And in both times, the moderators are accused of supporting whoever is in office, wrongfully so.

Our role is to keep our biases out of our posts and our moderation actions.

I still think you're nuts.

* This post was edited 06/26/21 04:34pm by dedmiston *

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 04:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"I am not sure what folks are doing to have an "insane" cost of owning a home."

Let's put it this way. There is no way in HE!! I could afford my home that has gone from a ridicules value last September of $666,000 to $850,000 now.

I live on 2.31 acres in the Country.

Your obviously in the wrong part of the country for affordable housing, as they say, location, location, location.

Just because the value of your home has gone up does not reflect what it will sell for or what other housing in other parts of the country are selling for. It is based off other homes comparable to yours that have recently sold in your neighborhood.

That value can also deflate..

Anyone can ask a totally rediculess price, it doesn't mean it will sell for that. But location and local demand can put a lot of inflated pricing pressure on those wanting to buy into your local neighborhood.

Real estate is a fickle thing and the values are set by the "comps" that have sold locally around you.. You cannot "measure" all housing markets from just your location.

Building new homes right now is extremely expensive due to lumber and building materials shortages and inflated costs. This is pushing used home values up considerably.

But, there always is options, lots of apartments, lots of homes you can rent out there. Sometimes buying a home is not a wise choice, we started out buying a cheap 20 yr old mobile home setup in a mobile home park. Lot rent was $125 per month and loan on trailer was $100 per month. Have a friend that has a mobile home in a mobile home park, his lot rent is $300 per month and includes water, sewage and trash.

Much better options than a RV..

My Dad always had a fantasy of packing our family up and living in his 5th wheel in the deep south. The reality was though, he had a good paying job that after 40yrs of service he had a good pension when he retired that he would have thrown away if he would have packed up my family and done so. My Mom never bought into his fantasy and I am very glad.. He lived to age 93 and was never lacking for money during his retirement.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 04:49pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Talking about home value increasing---in 1970 I bought a few acres on a 2 lane road across the street from a small airport with a 3br house for $43,000. Built a new house in the back in 1981 and rented the old house. Retired 20 years ago and moved to rural NC but kept the other place. TODAY. 2 lane is 4 divided, and small airport is BWI (Baltimore). That little place in Baltimore is worth at least 1/2 a million for just the ground....Its paid for, this is paid for, my WV property is paid for, and the rent and income from my gas fracking leases pays for all taxes, insurance, maintenance, and a little left over for my RV travels. + I have plenty of room to park it!

capacitor

California

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 05:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Getting back on topic, I hope the OP is correct. My son and I have been looking for a TT for him since Dec. He found one he likes, wolf pup 17jg, and they were around 20k. They have slowly increased to 26k to 28k. We decided to wait till spring when all the covid people find the storage fees to high and payments too much and sell. They would rather go to disney land or magic mountain and stay in a hotel. That's my hope.

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 07:10pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

mr_andyj wrote:

I gave a very insightful reply yesterday, but the moderator is a liberal I assume and does not like anyone who has read the ingredients in the "shot" including mercury, aluminum, formaldehyde, micro magnets and other , many other toxins. My comment was, dont take the jab! This will soon be deleted too. RV net is a communist CCP propaganda site I guess...

You're wrong, you're wrong, you're a nutjob, and you're wrong. And by the way, you're a nutjob (and you're wrong).

I'm leaving this one nutty post of yours and the responses because I'm in a good mood. Plus sometimes it's fun to watch weirdos expose themselves.

Let's not make a habit of this though, ok?

Quote:

RV net is a communist CCP propaganda site I guess...

Then why do you even bother?

Because you're nuts?

Just to address my politics though (because it seems to come up pretty often)...

For starters, my politics really aren't anybody's business. My role is to call balls & strikes.

I've been called both a "lib" and a "Trump guy". Whatever.

This forum seems to run slightly right of center, which I suppose makes sense for an RVing group. It's pretty evenly balanced though, which is a good thing in my opinion.

I've observed a common thread over the years though, and I can't say I've ever seen the trend broken.

I've served here during two Bush terms, two Obama terms, a Trump term, and now a Biden term. The common thread seems to be a displeasure with our government establishment.

The posts seem to push back against whoever is in office. During republican terms, we have to delete more posts that are bashing conservatives and during democrat terms we delete more posts that are bashing liberals. And in both times, the moderators are accused of supporting whoever is in office, wrongfully so.

Our role is to keep our biases out of our posts and our moderation actions.

I still think you're nuts.

I love it! [emoticon]. Wish I could think that way. [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 08:55pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

capacitor wrote:

Getting back on topic, I hope the OP is correct. My son and I have been looking for a TT for him since Dec. He found one he likes, wolf pup 17jg, and they were around 20k. They have slowly increased to 26k to 28k. We decided to wait till spring when all the covid people find the storage fees to high and payments too much and sell. They would rather go to disney land or magic mountain and stay in a hotel. That's my hope.

Your gonna have an easier time finding a unicorn..

[image]

Put this into perspective, some folks may have panic bought, some of those used "stimulus" money to buy more expensive RV than they would have otherwise afforded.

Some folks took the opportunity to use their stimulus money to upgrade to larger more expensive RVs.

Some folks used their stimulus money to buy used RVs for cash that they would not have been able to buy otherwise.

Sure, there may have been folks who panic bought and figured out that RVing is not their cup o tea, but your not going to find deeply discounted fire sale bargains because of that.

Reading in that there will be panic RV sell offs is silly and a waste of your time.

Costs have gone up, much due to material shortages in the supply chains, much to increased costs for companies to protect their labor force (PPE is not cheap now days).

If you want a RV at this time or even in a year or two, your going to have to man up and pay the higher prices. It is going to take considerable time for supply shortages to abate which should reduce the cost to manufacture somewhat. It will take time for manufacturers to ramp up to pre Covid numbers and some manufacturers may never get back into full production due to higher material and labor costs.

NoVa RT

Northern Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 09:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don’t really know how many recent RV buyers were just looking for a short-term, socially-distanced, self-contained travel option. Some of those folks will probably go back to their prior lifestyle as the pandemic lifts, but maybe not as many as some here think. Some might like the experience, and become RVers for life. The other thing is that Work-From-Home will probably outlast the pandemic. Many employees like it, some employers didn’t have any productivity loss and are looking to reduce real estate costs. Coupled with improved mobile Internet service, there could be more people getting into RVing earlier as they have more options about where they work. Might be more folks moving to lower-cost areas, too, as people ditch high-cost housing areas.

2013 RT 190-Popular

Gdetrailer

PA

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 09:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NoVa RT wrote:

We don’t really know how many recent RV buyers were just looking for a short-term, socially-distanced, self-contained travel option. Some of those folks will probably go back to their prior lifestyle as the pandemic lifts, but maybe not as many as some here think. Some might like the experience, and become RVers for life. The other thing is that Work-From-Home will probably outlast the pandemic. Many employees like it, some employers didn’t have any productivity loss and are looking to reduce real estate costs. Coupled with improved mobile Internet service, there could be more people getting into RVing earlier as they have more options about where they work. Might be more folks moving to lower-cost areas, too, as people ditch high-cost housing areas.

Correct!

Many people like myself retired, pulled the plug on working, done with having to deal with being masked and gloved and those folks unlike myself may not have already had a RV. There are higher than normal retirement rates right now, my DWs company has a bunch of folks who decided to retire since her company is requiring all labor back in the office..

As far as working from home, yeah, this has changed a lot of companies perspective on requiring all labor needing to report physically to an office.. Some companies may change and do a hybrid in person/remote, some may do all remote and some may go all labor back in the office.

Major panic selling of RVs most likely will not be a factor at this time or even in a couple of yrs and while one waits for that unicorn fire sale priced specific model RV you could have been out there already in a RV instead of waiting on a 4-10 yr old RV that they want more than what they paid for..

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 11:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not interested in reading a novel.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 10:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Not interested in reading a novel.

And regardless of my general lack of agreement with GDE on many subjects,I believe he’s pretty spot on here.
Leave out the “I retired so I didn’t have to wear a mask at work “ thing, your reason or excuse for retiring need not be explained. Evidently you acheived that goal. but don’t forget the big numbers or people who now “enjoy” working from home and the additional free time it provides them. AKA, ability to do less work and get away with it. That issue is rampant. At least in my industry. And it just serves to put more work on those who aren’t using the Rona as an excuse to screw off at home.
Great idea in theory. Presuming people can be trusted. But they can’t, in general. The notion that people will in general not somehow take advantage of not having to be present and accounted for is quite flawed.
Maybe I’m bitter about it. Actually no maybe. Those who cannot or chose not to “work from home” get to shoulder more of the load. Greatest opportunity in history so far for workplace laziness.
And he’ll yeah, if I had a job I could “perform sufficiently” remotely, I’d have ALOT more time to camp!

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> My prediction for the future..
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.