|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> License plates

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev
Sponsored By:
JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 07/16/21 06:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buzzcut1 wrote:

just for education purposes. There are people that I know here in the SF Bay area that have been pulled over and cited for obstructed lic plates in their cars. The obstruction? A hitch mounted bicycle rack that did not have a bicycle in it. Kind of why every hitch mounted Wheelchair carrier comes with a Lic Plate frame with a plate light.

Oh and they now charge you a not cheap administrative fee to process that fix it ticket.

Plate is on my TC for that reason

My experience was not with a TC; I had a pickup set up with snowplow, but registered to be legal pulling a Bobcat. 1 of my hands wrecked his car, so he was using that pickup to drive home across the state line. Now it would be illegal to haul a load intra-state on that side of line, driver and truck where legal for what he was doing (Proven in court) Over the course of about a month he was stopped 6 times. 2 warnings, 3 tickets and 1 arrest and vehicle impounded. (Second time stopped on the same day, my driver tried to educate the cop)

MORSNOW wrote:

I'll bet it's pretty rare for any of us Truck Camper folks to get pulled over, it's not like we are sports cars or a beater with a heater with expired tags.

I have seen some pretty ragged PU/TC units. And I bet if some LEOs learn out of state owners will just pay the fine more will get stopped.

rhodedog98

Rhode Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I want to thank everyone for their answers. I started this thread hoping to hear from someone in my state but didn't, for the people in the western states this was a good topic. I made up my mind and keeping the plate on the truck. I have a hitch on the truck I thought maybe I should run a extension with the plate welded on it. Maybe the LEO'S would find something wrong with that. THANKS again.

TCINTN

USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/01/21 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have noticed one added benefit lately from leaving plate on truck. The toll roads that take a picture and send you a bill for driving on their toll roads, they never have come.

"But if not"
"Nevertheless"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> License plates
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.