RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Favorite Brand of 5th Wheel Toyhauler.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Favorite Brand of 5th Wheel Toyhauler.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/21 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Just curious why the jacks should be in the highest position? I would think lower would be more stable since there would be less of the leg extended. As long as there is enough clearance so they don't drag. I've never had the auto-level before so I don't know.

both are correct. My new fifth wheel had the jacks so low I could not back into my standard residential driveway without the rears contacting the approach, they were only about 4" above the ground, would never work when taking the trailer offroad. Easy solution is to raise them up to max height, then carry some blocks, either the lego type or make some out of wood. Since we boondock in the desert a lot I have various forms of blocks and plywood squares so stuff is stable and doesn't sink into the dirt/sand.

DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Bad Brad

Utah

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We traded from a Keystone Raptor 3110TT a couple years ago to our Grand Design Momentum 394. We have been wowed by all the features, layout, and quality since we purchased it new in 2019. This is our fourth and likely last trailer...as we have everything we ever wanted and more with this.

From experience related to all of our trailers, all I can say is that it helps to be able to do your own maintenance and repairs. All of our trailers have had one issue or another when we owned them. We've experienced a couple minor issues with our Momentum where some interior trim fell off. It shouldn't have happened, but it was a super minor and easy fix. Of course, I made it so it will never come off again. I'm sure there will be other things that happen during the years ahead, I'm prepared to fix anything as long it's not structural and it will be better than factor when I do.

I have no problem recommending Grand Design Momentums to anyone. We love ours!!

2020 Ford F450 Lariat, 6.7, 10 Speed

2018 Grand Design Momentum 394
2010 Polaris RZR S
2014 Polaris RZR XP 1000
2 boys 24 & 21 yrs
A Super AWESOME Wife of 36 years

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/21 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to hear it, we bought a 2019 Momentum 351M, and so far are very happy with it. And we also had issues to fix: the Happijac bed would do down but not up, turned out to be a broken wire in the control cable. That took a couple days to figure out. Even the Happijac tech said it was the high limit control switch.

But it sure is more solid than our 2010 Fuzion 383. Now we just need to get out and use it. [emoticon]

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

nayther

Burbank, CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/21 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bad Brad wrote:

From experience related to all of our trailers, all I can say is that it helps to be able to do your own maintenance and repairs. All of our trailers have had one issue or another when we owned them. We've experienced a couple minor issues with our Momentum where some interior trim fell off.

Truer words were never spoken. My DW makes that comment frequently when I'm fixing or modifying something. "how can anyone own an RV that is not reasonably handy?" We have some friends that are dying to get an RV but he has ten thumbs (plays the guitar like a madman though) and I cannot imagine him owning one.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

> Favorite Brand of 5th Wheel Toyhauler.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.