RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Electric bikes !!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric bikes !!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev
Sponsored By:
dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 06/04/22 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The setting on my wife’s bike can be changed. The low and high are the same, but you can change from 1-3 to 1-5. I set it to 1-5. The lowest setting always seams to be the best.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

SFVdave

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/22 12:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a Lectric XP 2.0 last month and love it. But I didn't care for the pedal assist. Maybe I have it set up wrong in the adjustments. I delayed the assist to start after a few pedal turns . when it kicks in, it goes 5.5 mph and won't go slower on PAS1. So I tried using the throttle also with pedal delay start. That way I can pedal and give it a little throttle assist and keep my speed down. The DW rides a trike and crusies around 5-7.5 mph. so throttle use when needed seems to work. But I wonder if there is something wrong with just pedal assist not going slower than 5.5 mph?

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/22 09:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SFVdave wrote:

I bought a Lectric XP 2.0 last month and love it. But I didn't care for the pedal assist. Maybe I have it set up wrong in the adjustments. I delayed the assist to start after a few pedal turns . when it kicks in, it goes 5.5 mph and won't go slower on PAS1. So I tried using the throttle also with pedal delay start. That way I can pedal and give it a little throttle assist and keep my speed down. The DW rides a trike and crusies around 5-7.5 mph. so throttle use when needed seems to work. But I wonder if there is something wrong with just pedal assist not going slower than 5.5 mph?

Because you have a cadence sensor your bike is set up to go a certain speed at each level. The motor only senses that you're pedaling not how hard you're pedaling.
A torque sensor senses how hard you're pushing on the pedals and the motor responds to that.

SFVdave

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/22 09:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

goducks10 wrote:

SFVdave wrote:

Because you have a cadence sensor your bike is set up to go a certain speed at each level. The motor only senses that you're pedaling not how hard you're pedaling.
A torque sensor senses how hard you're pushing on the pedals and the motor responds to that.

So there is nothing I can do about it, right? Just usea little throttle to give a slow speed assist.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/22 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SFVdave wrote:

goducks10 wrote:

SFVdave wrote:

So there is nothing I can do about it, right? Just usea little throttle to give a slow speed assist.

About the 2.30 mark this guy explains how to keep it at 5 mph and still pedal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APsrwWlqtyQ

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric bikes !!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.