RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Electric bikes !!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric bikes !!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next
Sponsored By:
wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 06/26/21 08:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lets talk about your electric bikes and what you think about them ! We have had our fat tire , twenty inch , folding bikes for two weeks and have been riding them 8 to 12 miles per day . We pedal constantly just because it feels right although I assume you can go on battery twenty some miles . We maintain 14 MPH pretty easily and with more throttle we can get up to twenty ! Our brand " Ecotric Dolphin " , about $ 850 . We like to wander around small towns and some time have to park far away , out in the boondocks because of the length of our rig , we hope this will lead to more exploring and some trail riding . We tend to always pedal and use the battery when these 77 year olde legs get tired ! What kind have ya got , do ya use them as much as ya think ya would ?

micpib1

Trinity County, Northern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/26/21 11:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have two E-Bikes, one Pedego Trail Tracker, and a Letric Fold Up. I have had several problems with the Pedego, but the factory has taken care of me, no problems with the Letric. For comfort and ease of riding, the Pedego with the 26" Tires feels more stable and the seat is more comfortable. The Letric is great when I am riding a short distance or my truck is crowded with "stuff". On either bike, I try to pedal as much as I can, as I want the exercise. It is comforting to know that when I get tired, I use the throttle to get me back to where I started. JH

Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 05:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

$850, that sounds pretty good... is that an average price for an electric bicycle? I always thought they were over $1000.

wanderingbob

monticeeo, fla

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The E-bikes can get up to a couple of thousand dollars but there are a lot of then under one thousand . We bought ours on Amazon for there return policy !

BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have (and love!) a RadRover ST-1. It is a fat tired step thru bike that I purchased a couple of years ago in order to go riding on the trails and back roads with my son's while camping. It has proven to be a wise and fun purchase and fulfills its intended purpose very well.

It can be used with or without pedal assist and has 5 levels of pedal assist. I usually ride in PA 1 or 2.

I added a suspension seat post, water bottle cage, and mirror to it. The mirror is to watch for bears chasing us![emoticon] [emoticon]

The bike cost around $1500 now I think. I purchased it right from the Rad bike company but they also have some stand alone bike shops and dealers in certain cities.

Here is a pic of my bike up at the campground last summer.
Barney

[image]

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

Lwiddis

Near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/21 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BikesDirect has some sleeker looking models.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AMP Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Martyn

Panama City Beach, FL USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/27/21 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have two Pedego Comfort Cruisers.

Love 'em! [emoticon]

2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

TurnThePage

North ID

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 08:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We purchased two Rad Minis. Their folding profile make them super simple to store out of the way in the garage and transport in back of the truck. They're fun to ride for sure! They've expanded our exploration options and refreshed the joy in travelling. Awesome addition for us old guys with bad knees!

2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 08:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We love our Lectric XPs so much that we haven't ridden our motorcycles yet this year. I have always liked bicycling, and never stopped riding since I was a kid. I don't race or do long distance stuff, I just like to ride, and get the exercise.

Now when we ride, I don't have to wait for her, she can keep up.

We bought them because we could fold them and carry them in the bed of the pickup, but DW didn't like how close the hitch got when hooking up, so we added a receiver hitch to the back of our 5er.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

Lightning55

Pleasanton, CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/21 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought an Lectric XP when I could no longer keep up with the grandkids when we went camping. It's fast (28mph) and so far reliable. I picked the Lectric because I wanted a fat tire bike that folded and was affordable at $899. Folding it is kind of difficult and it's hard to handle when folded up. The grandkids liked it so much that they both got one for Xmas. Overall, I'm glad I got it but don't ride as often as I should.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Electric bikes !!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.