RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Chinese RV tires... holding up!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Chinese RV tires... holding up!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 08:29am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

I think the China-made tires are lightyears ahead in quality from the ones sourced a decade ago. There were some very shoddy tires coming on trailers as OEM in the early 2010's.

Are you old enough to remember back in the mid '50s when toys "made in Japan" where nothing but junk. In my family the J word was enough to be sure nothing but toys bought. But by mid/late '60s most imports from Japan where of high quality and some things where far superior than available made in US.
In the late '80s I was friends with a lady, about my age, that lived in Japan until the early '60s. Discussing this issue she pointed out that when she got to US goods made in USA where of higher quality than USA made in her home country. She pointed out that maybe the manufactures of Japan where shipping the quality they thought Americans expected, based on what they saw.
I wonder if US has not sold lower quality goods to China, and they manufactured the quality they thought we expected?

True dat!

It's possible that we are getting better quality as we are famously descriminating consumer -- and can pay a little more.

In Asia, China products are still notoriously low quality -- but for them, cheap is higher in the hierarchy of life's priorities.

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 08:32am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After having 3 trailer tire totally come apart, not just go flat. I don't buy off brand tires any more. One of those was a GY Marathon, and 2 were Tow Masters. Yes in my opinion GY Marathons were Off brand.
Now the only tires that go on my TT are Maxxis. Yes some are made in Thailand. But they have the best reputation in the ST tire industry. AND I change them out at the beginning of their 4th year not matter what. Sitting on the side of the interstate changing tire will do that for ya.

And yes. The tires that blew were aired to max cold specs. They were aired before each trip, and checked during the trip. so that ain't the key.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 09:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I wonder if US has not sold lower quality goods to China, and they manufactured the quality they thought we expected?"

They sell what a lot of people want, "CHEAP".

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 09:11am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"This is what worries me.

And for me, money is no object in getting that sweet peace of mind."

If this is true get a set of US Made ZERO non road hazard failure ENDURANCE tires and sell the POS you have.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 09:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

After having 3 trailer tire totally come apart, not just go flat. I don't buy off brand tires any more. One of those was a GY Marathon, and 2 were Tow Masters. Yes in my opinion GY Marathons were Off brand.
Now the only tires that go on my TT are Maxxis. Yes some are made in Thailand. But they have the best reputation in the ST tire industry. AND I change them out at the beginning of their 4th year not matter what. Sitting on the side of the interstate changing tire will do that for ya.

And yes. The tires that blew were aired to max cold specs. They were aired before each trip, and checked during the trip. so that ain't the key.

The MAXXIS have been good but there are reported failures. Next time get a set of ENDURANCE with a stellar record.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 09:30am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"This is what worries me.

And for me, money is no object in getting that sweet peace of mind."

If this is true get a set of US Made ZERO non road hazard failure ENDURANCE tires and sell the POS you have.

Got that one on my to-do list.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 09:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Terryallan wrote:

No one can henceforth blame you of neglect and thoughtlessness, lol..

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

The MAXXIS have been good but there are reported failures. Next time get a set of ENDURANCE with a stellar record.

Any tire brand can have failures. But, please state the circumstances of the failures you reference and where the info can be found.

It should be noted, that failures which are adjudicated (in court) in the plaintiff's favor will be sealed by the mfgr as part of the settlement. Only law firms will reference the results of same - you won't see it on forums or via Google....with one major exception which ran in the SP Times.

Also - GY took care of (most) of the Marathon failures by replacing the tires with (only) new *GY* tires, but no compensation for damage to owner's trailers caused by the tire/s. You can find lots of old threads, right here on RV Net.

You obviously are a big fan of GY Endurance! - Your prerogative!..[emoticon]
BTW - the Endurance Tires haven't been around long enough to rate a long term "stellar record"!

Kinda reminiscent of RV Net poster "Fast Eagle" who was a dyed in the wool ST tire fan - he even (accidentally) alluded to having no less than 22 ST tires on his trailer over a couple of years. He even had a tire engineering background to back up *his* "stellar" claims, LOL.

* This post was edited 06/29/21 01:44pm by Dtank *

C Schomer

Pueblo West, Co.

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 08:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was in Az for 13 years and the longest I got out of China STs was 50 months and then I went to 16" LT LRE. The STs usually had tread separation but one blew out the sidewall while in winter storage, covered and off the ground. Then I got a 18k tri axle cargo trailer with 26 month old STs and all 6 of them separated within a 20 mile drive before I could get to a tire shop to get 16" LTs on it. I don't think those Chnese tires could have gotten any worse!
My 8 y.o. Cooper LTs on my fiver still look like new. Craig

2012 Dodge dually diesel. CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WHOEVER INVENTED WORK DIDN'T HAVE AN RV!

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 09:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dtank wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Any tire brand can have failures. But, please state the circumstances of the failures you reference and where the info can be found.

It should be noted, that failures which are adjudicated (in court) in the plaintiff's favor will be sealed by the mfgr as part of the settlement. Only law firms will reference the results of same - you won't see it on forums or via Google....with one major exception which ran in the SP Times.

Also - GY took care of (most) of the Marathon failures by replacing the tires with (only) new *GY* tires, but no compensation for damage to owner's trailers caused by the tire/s. You can find lots of old threads, right here on RV Net.

You obviously are a big fan of GY Endurance! - Your prerogative!..[emoticon]
BTW - the Endurance Tires haven't been around long enough to rate a long term "stellar record"!

Kinda reminiscent of RV Net poster "Fast Eagle" who was a dyed in the wool ST tire fan - he even (accidentally) alluded to having no less than 22 ST tires on his trailer over a couple of years. He even had a tire engineering background to back up *his* "stellar" claims, LOL.

I wouldn’t even consider Endurance on my fifth wheel , maybe a lighter boat trailer or travel trailer . The stellar reputation is the Sailun S637 , they have proven themselves over any RV tire I’m aware of for many years now . There won’t be another brand that will go on my truck or fifth wheel .

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Chinese RV tires... holding up!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.