RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Chinese RV tires... holding up!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Chinese RV tires... holding up!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
WAM

CALIFORNIA

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Tire Rack is full of BS. You need to take the tires to a GY “OWNED” Store. Once you do so report back their response in writing please.

I probably wasn't clear. There is a warranty on the Endurance, just not my tires. TireRack looked them up and said the purchase was too long ago.

I might talk a GY store into doing something, but I'm remote/rural -- no GY store within 100 miles. Academic now -- they're in the local shop's landfill pile.

Will bolt these on the trailer tonite and will have four 2020-build tires on the ground with two older tires on the spare rack. Any more problems and I'm done with trailer tires. I found some 3200lb LT Cooper Commercials that will fit, but I'll need 16" rims.

2012 Ford F350/SD 4x4
Alpenlite 9.5 Cheyenne slide-in

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 08:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WAM wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Tire Rack is full of BS. You need to take the tires to a GY “OWNED” Store. Once you do so report back their response in writing please.

I probably wasn't clear. There is a warranty on the Endurance, just not my tires. TireRack looked them up and said the purchase was too long ago.

I might talk a GY store into doing something, but I'm remote/rural -- no GY store within 100 miles. Academic now -- they're in the local shop's landfill pile.

Will bolt these on the trailer tonite and will have four 2020-build tires on the ground with two older tires on the spare rack. Any more problems and I'm done with trailer tires. I found some 3200lb LT Cooper Commercials that will fit, but I'll need 16" rims.

I am fairly sure they have a five year warranty and that means all made are under warranty.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

scbwr

North Ridgeville, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/21 05:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ahhhhhhhh.....as long as there are RVs, there will be tire debates.

Re Chinese "bombs": In 2013, we bought a Winnebago Minnie travel trailer and I kept the original Chinese tires on it for about a year (can't remember their product name). But, then we were about to take a long trip out west (Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier NP, Little Big Horn, Devil's Tower and SD Badlands), so for peace of mind, I replaced the tires with Maxxis tires. I had owned popups with Maxxis tires and they served us well.

If I were purchasing a rig that had tires that weren't manufactured by a reputable well know brand, I would look to replace them just for my own peace of mind.

Maxxis or Goodyear Endurance? With the Endurance tires being out for quite awhile, I don't think I would hesitate to go with them, but I would still consider Maxxis tires.

2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

WAM

CALIFORNIA

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/21 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I am fairly sure they have a five year warranty and that means all made are under warranty.

You're right. Six years actually...Replacement 1 yr then prorate thru 2/32 depth. I'll call Tire Rack and ***** at them. But the tires are still gone, so I don't expect much.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/21 10:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

scbwr wrote:

If I were purchasing a rig that had tires that weren't manufactured by a reputable well know brand, I would look to replace them just for my own peace of mind.

Exactly my thoughts when I checked the tire pressures after the long storage.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/21 11:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WAM wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

You're right. Six years actually...Replacement 1 yr then prorate thru 2/32 depth. I'll call Tire Rack and ***** at them. But the tires are still gone, so I don't expect much.

That's a shame, did you take pics???

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/21 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Got a new RV with factory installed Made in China tires with unknown brand.

I figure I'll have it replaced after a year.

But to my pleasant surprise, after a thousand miles and 5 months in deep winter storage, the air pressure on it has held up.

Well, maybe in another year or two?[emoticon]

Im still runing mine 5 years later only replaced one as I saw a sign of a broken belt last spring. my previous trailer I had 10 years and only changed one in that whole time, which in hind thought, I was probably gambling at that length of time. but realy if you check them out before each trip and keep on top of it, in most cases you will be fine, aside from road hazards which no tire is good against.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/18/21 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Dtank wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

My self and others I personally know have had their tires replaced by GY and no argument about damage, how bout you? What other Company will do the same?

Firestone..... they will all do it when the courts force them to..

Steve

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/18/21 09:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

Im still runing mine 5 years later only replaced one as I saw a sign of a broken belt last spring. my previous trailer I had 10 years and only changed one in that whole time, which in hind thought, I was probably gambling at that length of time. but realy if you check them out before each trip and keep on top of it, in most cases you will be fine, aside from road hazards which no tire is good against.

Steve

My timeline is more like 3 years -- or earlier once I see signs of losing tire pressure, bulges or scrapes and/or uneven wear.

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/21 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

StirCrazy wrote:

Steve

My timeline is more like 3 years -- or earlier once I see signs of losing tire pressure, bulges or scrapes and/or uneven wear.

ya Im about the same with out the time. I just go by condition of the tires and replace as nessasary. I guess if we hade the cheep prices like the US does on tires I wouldnt worry about changing out perfectly good tires, but at about 250 a tire to get close to a sailune and 300 to get into goodyear and such. I can just keep going by paying atention to what my tires are telling me.

Steve

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 9  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Chinese RV tires... holding up!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.