RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Chinese RV tires... holding up!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Chinese RV tires... holding up!

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/02/21 09:39am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sagebrush wrote:

... It looks like a classic tread separation failure, the tread peeled off the tire. So, I'm not sure if I will keep these on the trailer. Thankfully the damage was light, just some wiring. The tread wrapped around the rear axle/brake drum area and took out the front left brake wires. No fun changing a tire in humid 88 degree weather, at least it was cloudy out.

I'm glad you are safe.

Are they re-threads which this type of tire damage happens?

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/02/21 12:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sagebrush wrote:

I had a tread separation yesterday on the left rear, Mastertrack U203. Tire looked great on the outside, no signs of trouble. I need to check the date code, but I think they are less than three years old. I had just walked around and checked them about 100 miles before the boom. The other three are wearing nice, I guess I was overdue. Its been a few years since I had a tread separation.

I do like how these Mastertrack brand tires look though, no weather cracks or bulges. It looks like a classic tread separation failure, the tread peeled off the tire. So, I'm not sure if I will keep these on the trailer. Thankfully the damage was light, just some wiring. The tread wrapped around the rear axle/brake drum area and took out the front left brake wires. No fun changing a tire in humid 88 degree weather, at least it was cloudy out.

Put on a set of GY ENDURANCE and be assured you won't be changing a tire in 88 weather unless road hazard.

Retreads separate but so do standard tires.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/21 06:14pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Sagebrush wrote:

I had a tread separation yesterday on the left rear, Mastertrack U203. Tire looked great on the outside, no signs of trouble. I need to check the date code, but I think they are less than three years old. I had just walked around and checked them about 100 miles before the boom. The other three are wearing nice, I guess I was overdue. Its been a few years since I had a tread separation.

I do like how these Mastertrack brand tires look though, no weather cracks or bulges. It looks like a classic tread separation failure, the tread peeled off the tire. So, I'm not sure if I will keep these on the trailer. Thankfully the damage was light, just some wiring. The tread wrapped around the rear axle/brake drum area and took out the front left brake wires. No fun changing a tire in humid 88 degree weather, at least it was cloudy out.

Put on a set of GY ENDURANCE and be assured you won't be changing a tire in 88 weather unless road hazard.

Retreads separate but so do standard tires.

My vote is still MAXXIS M008

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Sagebrush

Jacksonville AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/06/21 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I figure it was a puncture. I'll have it pulled off the rim and get a look inside, but it looks like a run low failure. My spare needs changing again too its aged out.

Those U203's are only $79.99 at Walmart now, they were around $60 a few years ago. They lasted longer than I expected. Much better than the terrible Freestars on my KZ! They were toast in less than 2,000 miles and only two years old when I replaced them due to bad cracking of the tread and side walls. These Mastertracks aren't weather checked at all, they have nice even tread wear hold pressure well, at least the three I have left. [emoticon]

Dtank

USA

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/21 07:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"......unless road hazard." = right out of the GY playbook!

GY: "The tires failed due to a road hazard or were underinflated".

The court didn't buy it, "Goodyear Kept Tire Problems Quiet" as published by the SP Times.
The settlement revolved around (no pun) several types of GY tires, including Marathons.

But - how can a *current* buyer "be assured"?..[emoticon]

Easy! - "Cummins12V98" said so in a post on an internet forum!

Well, all right! - OK!..[emoticon]
If GY won't cover replacement, any damages, and down time... maybe Cummins will!...[emoticon]

Whatever you "roll on" - choose wisely & do your homework.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/07/21 09:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dtank wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

"......unless road hazard." = right out of the GY playbook!

GY: "The tires failed due to a road hazard or were underinflated".

The court didn't buy it, "Goodyear Kept Tire Problems Quiet" as published by the SP Times.
The settlement revolved around (no pun) several types of GY tires, including Marathons.

But - how can a *current* buyer "be assured"?..[emoticon]

Easy! - "Cummins12V98" said so in a post on an internet forum!

Well, all right! - OK!..[emoticon]
If GY won't cover replacement, any damages, and down time... maybe Cummins will!...[emoticon]

Whatever you "roll on" - choose wisely & do your homework.

My self and others I personally know have had their tires replaced by GY and no argument about damage, how bout you? What other Company will do the same?

Why the HE!! should GY pay for a road hazard? In fact Me again had a big bolt right thru the tread of his GY ENDURANCE and they covered half of the new tire cost as good will.

No product is perfect but your dislike for GY is showing thru. So maybe YOU can show me a non road hazard ENDURANCE tire failure.

Funny all you GY Haters can do is go back to the failures of the Marathon. At least GY did something about it and created the ENDURANCE.

WAM

CALIFORNIA

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I have looked for failures with no findings. If there have been someone would have posted it by now.

Okay, here you go. I have two Endurances being replaced at the tire shop as I type.

225/75-15E, New 2019, approx 2000 miles, 10k GVW car hauler flatbed, loaded weight min 5000lbs, max 7000lbs, tire pressures 70psi (down from 80 because the tires are at only about 50% max load), appears to be full tread depth, no obvious wear.

Failure mode: cracking in outermost groove (where sidewall meets tread) with tread lifting and exposing the steel belt. Tire Rack says no warranty.

I'm installing new Endurances only because in frustration I know of nothing better. I don't think 16s will fit, but I'll be looking into it.

2012 Ford F350/SD 4x4
Alpenlite 9.5 Cheyenne slide-in

Sagebrush

Jacksonville AL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/17/21 06:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had some Goodyear issues over the years, so I'm reluctant to pay more than double for Endurance trailer tires. The Mastertrack U203 225/75/R15E's have an 81 mph speed rating, but I've been told that's at 80 psi. Walmart has them for $70, the endurance tires are about $145 I think they said. I've been running 65 most of the time and occasionally 70 mph with 75 psi cold and they are wearing evenly. Although at almost four years old I'm putting new ones on now just in-case. My rig spends most of its life waiting for the next adventure. Even when I fulltimed I would sit in one place for months sometimes, especially in the winters spent in Florida.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 06:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WAM wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

I have looked for failures with no findings. If there have been someone would have posted it by now.

Okay, here you go. I have two Endurances being replaced at the tire shop as I type.

225/75-15E, New 2019, approx 2000 miles, 10k GVW car hauler flatbed, loaded weight min 5000lbs, max 7000lbs, tire pressures 70psi (down from 80 because the tires are at only about 50% max load), appears to be full tread depth, no obvious wear.

Failure mode: cracking in outermost groove (where sidewall meets tread) with tread lifting and exposing the steel belt. Tire Rack says no warranty.

I'm installing new Endurances only because in frustration I know of nothing better. I don't think 16s will fit, but I'll be looking into it.

Tire Rack is full of BS. You need to take the tires to a GY “OWNED” Store. Once you do so report back their response in writing please.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 07/17/21 06:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sagebrush wrote:

I had some Goodyear issues over the years, so I'm reluctant to pay more than double for Endurance trailer tires. The Mastertrack U203 225/75/R15E's have an 81 mph speed rating, but I've been told that's at 80 psi. Walmart has them for $70, the endurance tires are about $145 I think they said. I've been running 65 most of the time and occasionally 70 mph with 75 psi cold and they are wearing evenly. Although at almost four years old I'm putting new ones on now just in-case. My rig spends most of its life waiting for the next adventure. Even when I fulltimed I would sit in one place for months sometimes, especially in the winters spent in Florida.

Be reluctant and support China all you want but he fact is the GY ENDURANCE is a stellar tire.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Chinese RV tires... holding up!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.