RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Convection oven exhaust?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Convection oven exhaust?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 01:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And of it does have an outside vent, make sure its open. I have to open it with my hand , otherwise the fan can not push it open. Some have slide locks i think , mine has rubber push tabs.

2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

doxiemom11

Victoria TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You will appreciate all that warm air if it gets cool outside. I just avoid using the convection when it's hot out. Use it all the time when it's cold. I don't think the convection ovens are ever vented outside. They work by circulating hot air. They wouldn't want that mixing with outside air coming in a vent. It would make temperature regulation a problem.

Mel Stuplich

Wausau, WI

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super_Dave wrote:

My trailer AC already has a difficult time keeping up with the heat but the convection oven dumping all the hot fan exhaust into the cabin makes it particularly rough and doesn't make sense to me.Is this what it is supposed to do?

Super Dave,
Vent it to the outside if possible ... or don't cook inside in hot weather.

Second Chance

Wherever...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 06:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of the convection/microwaves are made so they can be set up to either recirculate or exhaust externally (I've installed several of them). You could get the external exhaust kit, move the existing baffle plate (or make a new one if necessary), see if there are any frame members in the cut-out area, and convert yours to external exhaust. I gave a broken one to my son-in law. It was set up for external venting. He repaired the oven and installed it in their house which was not set up for external venting. He had no problem switching the oven from external back to internal. It's just a matter of cover up one hole vs. another.

Rob

U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hot weather; it’s why God gave us bbq grills and outdoor kitchens!

The ac in our sticks’n’ bricks gave up the fight a month ago and the replacement has been on back order since June 10. We are using that backyard bbq and might well spend tonight in the camper.

And it’s only been 91 here. Those poor folks in the pacific north west . . . .

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, that must have been some Bean Counters cost cutting to do away with the external exhaust vent. Pretty stupid if you ask me since most campers are only used in warm to hot weather.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am 100% behind using the bbq and smoker but if I'm grilling burgers, give me the secret to baking the french fries cuz burgers aren't burgers without the fries and onion rings.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

mr_andyj

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not sure your AC could keep up if you are blowing all your cooled air out anyway, hot air would have to come through the cracks to replace the cold air you are blowing out.
Yes, the oven is meant to exhaust behind the stove and the stove to be exhausted out the hood vent. Somewhere manufacturers lost their way.
If you cook a lot then it would be good to add a vent hood that blows outside so the trailer does not smell like food, or that grease does not stick to every surface inside.
Easy to just not use the oven except for sock storage when it is hot.
Sorry, camping involves some compromise.

Rick Jay

Greater Springfield area, MA

View Profile

Posted: 06/29/21 08:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In our motorhome, the combination Microwave/Convection oven/fan vents outside and for the most part, I think that's a better system. I'm sure it's cheaper to vent it inside, and that's probably the manufacturer's reason for doing so. Your rig is quite a bit newer than ours, so I'm sure that in that time manufacturer's have found ways to build 'em cheaper in such a way that people won't find out about it until after they've bought 'em. That's just one of the ways they getcha! LOL

I can tell you this, if you ever decide to take it down to take a closer look, I highly recommend you have another STRONG set of arms available to assist you. The units are pretty heavy, but coupled with that is that they're bulky and it's hard to get a good hold on things while you're trying to loosen & remove screws.

Good Luck,

~Rick

2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (24-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (20), 2 boys (21 & 18).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Sjm9911

New Jersey

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/29/21 08:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super_Dave wrote:

I am 100% behind using the bbq and smoker but if I'm grilling burgers, give me the secret to baking the french fries cuz burgers aren't burgers without the fries and onion rings.

Air fryer, set it up outside. Thank me later. Lol, we bring too much **** camping.........

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Convection oven exhaust?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.