|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Manual crank to electric jack conversion ? Lance 815

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
ezcamping

campbell

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/21 01:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone here done the conversion from manual to electric jacks on a 2004 lance 815 camper?

The camper is pre-wired for electric jacks and I've found where under the sink the wiring for the control box is located and all the wires to each jack are. Just wondered if anyone with a similar year camper could take a pic of the control box and wiring and could post it?

The jacks are atwood and the conversion kit is rieco titan that is supposed to work for atwoods.

I'll post some pics here of the process as I couldn't find much online about this specific application. Hopefully it will help others.

Camper is going on a 2019 ram 2500 crew cab short bed 6.4 gas in case anyone is curious.

Moving from San Jose Bay area to Carson City Nevada and looking forward to exploring all the national forests and new camping spots.

gbsteph

Grand Prairie, Texas USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/05/21 04:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I did the mod on my previous 2004 Lance 815. The Reico Titans worked like a champ. Mine however was not pre-wired so I had to do that myself and was able to keep everything concealed within the campers structure. So, I can't help you with pics in that department. I just mounted my controller low on the wall that forms the bathroom just inside the entry door. My controller had a positive and a ground wire going in, generally a heavy gage wire, and then 4 sets of +/- coming out to each jack. So I would assume if it's prewired, you should have that similar configuration dangling in that location. Hope any of that helps. I loved that little Lance.

RonR

Grapevine, Ar

View Profile

Posted: 07/14/21 06:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Eric, please keep us in the loop as you work on your project. We have a new to us, 2001 815 and recently picked up a set of near new Attwood jacks with controller. As time allows over the next many weeks we'll be tackling the upgrade as well. Our Lance isn't pre wired so it'll be a bit more involved.

Ron

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Manual crank to electric jack conversion ? Lance 815
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.